Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I found someone with an 05 colorado to trade me his buckets for my bench. I have an 08. The drivers side plugged right in no problem but the passenger side seats were different and would not plug in. He had like 2 wires on the bucket and i had like 6 or 8 i didnt count on the passenger side of the bench. I could swap all the electronic stuff from my old seat(the bench) into the new one (bucket) except theres this tube that goes into the seat pad and i didnt see a way to get it off without cutting it. How can i switch that out or is there some way i can just jump the airbag wire so it thinks it should be on and just turn my light out?

I hope this makes sense if not ill clarify if needed

lmk
nick

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
uhh this is a dumb question but are the bench seats the same color? if not you could trade seat covers......

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
huh/ hes trading his bench for a buckets. where did you get color out of this?

well i was curious bec if he has the same color seat the passenger side seats are same for buckets or bench so he could just trade the drivers seat....and if he cant do that he could just swap covers...

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i was curious bec if he has the same color seat the passenger side seats are same for buckets or bench so he could just trade the drivers seat....and if he cant do that he could just swap covers...
Lol they arnt the same at all the new seats have recline and lumbar the old seats had nothing

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I think he has a true bench and not the 60/40
the true bench???? aint never seen on in a Colorado before....

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I would just get a wiring digram so you can just connect the wires together so its always on and don' worry about hooking them up

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would just get a wiring digram so you can just connect the wires together so its always on and don' worry about hooking them up
That would work for me where can i find one?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Lol they arnt the same at all the new seats have recline and lumbar the old seats had nothing
oh ok :lol: told you it was a dumb question.....

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm thats kindof confusing lol

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
yeah it is :lmao: I'm not good with wiring diagrams but the information you need is on page 61 so maybe someone could help with what color wires go to each other.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
dude i was looking for that the otherday. sweet. now i can hook up my relay to my windows for i can hit my door poper control bottons and roll my windows down and up now hell yeah

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
ok I believe you hook up the green/black wire to the white/black and the light blue/black to the gray/black

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
never mind I think I was looking at the wrong thing. I'm pretty sure it goes like this

purple to brown/white

brown/white to black

I'm just guessing so hopefully someone else will get you the info you need

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok green to black turns the indicator in the center of the dash to pass off.

i dont have a grey wire lol so i cant try that one

1 - 20 of 34 Posts