Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will seats out of a 2005 Xtreme fit in a 2006 Z85 without any modification?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
make sure you keep the seatbelts and sensors from your old seats. these will be needed to make sure you dont have any wiring problems.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was in the correct section?? So I will have to switch the sensors over? I was planning on keeping the belts too.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I thought it was in the correct section?? So I will have to switch the sensors over? I was planning on keeping the belts too.
yeah, in 06 they added a weight sensor in the passenger seat, so everything is different including the belt. I think the drivers side would be the same if you get the belt with the seats.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Also make sure the trucks are the same cab configuration. Like Reg cab seats wont work in an x-cab.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Also make sure the trucks are the same cab configuration. Like Reg cab seats wont work in an x-cab.
I'm pretty sure all you'd have to do is swap seat tracks from the current one's to the new seats. I think the bench seat tracks are the same as the bucket seat tracks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, that's what I thought, but right now it may be on the back burner because I might have to get new tires. Which do I want more, a console or a smooth ride??

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
actually, all the tracks are the same. and you can put any seat in any cab. The problem comes because crew cab (and maybe ext cab) trucks dont have the seat fold forward option so its hard to access the area behind the seat.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
No, the problem comes from the airbag systems. The reg cab has the option to turn on and off the passanger airbag where as the x-cab/crew cab has the sensor only and no switch. The wire harness are different. I tried swapping seats with a friend with an 05 x-cab and the seats bolted in fine but the wire harness didnt match on the passanger side.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I put buckets from an ext. cab '06 into my '06 reg cab -- and remember, my truck is the WT, so it doesn't have any fancy options.

I don't have a switch on my dash to switch the airbag on or off. I have the weight sensor like all the other '06's.

They were straight up plug and play.

The only quirk is my driver's side seat folds forward, but the passenger seat doesn't. Big hoo ha. lol.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
No, the problem comes from the airbag systems. The reg cab has the option to turn on and off the passanger airbag where as the x-cab/crew cab has the sensor only and no switch. The wire harness are different. I tried swapping seats with a friend with an 05 x-cab and the seats bolted in fine but the wire harness didnt match on the passanger side.
I already said you have to switch the wiring anyways, because its an 05 into 06. So he can use the seats out of any cab. I have crew cab seats in my truck, they work fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts