1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
mine broke at around 65K miles.. i just got rid of the entire system. lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
OJWerks, Did you truck give you a code when it went out or is there a symptom that the motor does when the valve is not working properly?

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Has anyone else had to replace theirs on their engines? My L4 has about 43000 miles on it and the AIR check valve has already went out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What DTC(s) did you get for the Secondary Air Injection System? Have you checked/replaced the relay in the Air pump fuse box (located on the right side of the engine compartment, mounted to the radiator support)?

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Checking with the Dealer is a good suggestion, but I think he is SOL in that area. The warranty, at least in my 2011 book, doesn't cover any component of the secondary air system past the 3/36,000 mark. If his truck has California Emission Standards he might fall under the 3/50,000 mark, but I don't think Ohio has adopted the California standards.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a P2430, had our lead tech run the diag and said it was the check valve that went out and told me I needed to replace it. So I ordered the part through work replaced it, cleared the code and it hasn't come back. It's been almost two months since

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts