Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend replacing my valve cover gasket - got everything back together and now I cannot switch out of 2WD. The button lights do not light up at all and the dash reads "SERV 4WD". I do not have any leaks in my cab, and the connection above the head unit is secure.

Has anyone had a similar problem & can give some insight? I do not have access to a Tech2 scanner so this is difficult to troubleshoot.

2004 z71 4x4 i5 3.5L 160k

·
Registered
521 Posts
Since you don't have lights on the control switch, I'd guess you bumped an electrical connection somewhere. Here's the schematics from the service manual. I'd check the grounds, fuses and connectors and see if something jumps out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spent the weekend replacing my valve cover gasket - got everything back together and now I cannot switch out of 2WD. The button lights do not light up at all and the dash reads "SERV 4WD". I do not have any leaks in my cab, and the connection above the head unit is secure.

Has anyone had a similar problem & can give some insight? I do not have access to a Tech2 scanner so this is difficult to troubleshoot.

2004 z71 4x4 i5 3.5L 160k
I had a problem after my rack was replaced (the second time) I thought it was the actuator , but turned out to be cut wires. I guess tha smacked the wires then replacing the rack. I repaired the wires, and everything worked just fine (I also replaced the actuator, since I had it )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry (?) for radio silence, but I haven't had much time to investigate this further until the last few weeks. I took everything I did for the valve cover back apart, and re-checked every connection on the harness. I also checked the splice pack for a blown resistor and sanded the connection to ensure a good connection. All of which are good to go. I have gave in and scheduled an appointment at the dealership, so I will keep this thread updated in case anyone has the same issue in the future. At this point, it has to be the computer needing reset / codes cleared or something, it doesn't make any sense. Thanks for the replies to the above users, I did take both into consideration and I appreciate the time taken to try and help me out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry (?) for radio silence, but I haven't had much time to investigate this further until the last few weeks. I took everything I did for the valve cover back apart, and re-checked every connection on the harness. I also checked the splice pack for a blown resistor and sanded the connection to ensure a good connection. All of which are good to go. I have gave in and scheduled an appointment at the dealership, so I will keep this thread updated in case anyone has the same issue in the future. At this point, it has to be the computer needing reset / codes cleared or something, it doesn't make any sense. Thanks for the replies to the above users, I did take both into consideration and I appreciate the time taken to try and help me out.
Any news? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts