Make : CHEVROLET/GMC
Model : COLORADO/CANYON
Year : 2008,2009,2010
Manufacturer : General Motors LLC
Service Bulletin Number : SB-11273
Date of Bulletin : SEP 01, 2012
NHTSA Item Number : 10047220
Component : 5.3L ENGINE

Summary : HUMMER/CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. ENGINE MAY HAVE REDUCED POWER, RUNNING ROUGH, AND POSSIBLE HAVE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP ON, DUE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR. MODELS 2008-2010 CADILLAC ESCALADE, ESV, EXT, CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER, AVALANCHE, EXPRESS, SILVERADO, SUBURBAN, TAHOE, COLORADO, GMC ENVOY, SAVANA, SIERRA, YUKON, YUKON XL, CANYON, HUMMER H2, H3, H3T. *PE

[pdf]http://www.355nation.net/forum/attachments/service-bulletins/42594d1356105335-service-bulletin-sb-11273-throttle-postion-sensor-csc-10047220-3332.pdf[/pdf]

Dealer Letter Attached:

Attachments

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
This is weird that they just put this out and my dad's 09 silverado had this problem exactly as described last week

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Rich I love you. Been chasing this stupid thing down for a few weeks now. Finally got a straight answer from a dealership. Lead me to search for a bulletin. Go figure it's here on the Nation. My ninji search skills are slipping!!!

Now to wait for an opening at the stealership. Ugh.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Rich you're the man!!

I just hope some day customer service could work in Mexico In the way it works on the US.

Down here customer service and warranty sucks big time.

Trucks manufactured in the states only have 24 months of warranty here. If your truck get all broken in 25 months you're on your own.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I scanned this from my dealership provided receipt of services performed under Special Policy 11273. It happened to my 2010 V8 in Jan 2015 at 57559 miles on the odometer. It states that two items were replaced. The actual p/n's are listed in the attached image. The problem was intermittent at first then increased in frequency to the point I had to take the truck in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I have a ported throttle body from @Supermodulation
Does anybody know if that means I do not have to worry about this popping up? Were those parts already replaced perhaps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts