1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bulletin No.: 08-08-43-007

Date: April 14, 2008

Subject:
Phantom Windshield Wiper Operation (Reprogram Body Control Module)

Models:
2008 Chevrolet Colorado
2008 GMC Canyon

Condition

Some customers may comment that the windshield wipers intermittently wipe without being commanded to operate. This condition may occur at start up or while driving the vehicle.

Cause

This condition may be caused by electrical noise that causes the Body Control Module (BCM) to activate the windshield wipers.

Correction

A revised calibration has been developed to address this condition. Technicians are to reprogram the BCM with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the Service Programming System (SPS) and Body Control Module Programming and Setup procedures in SI for additional information. As always make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Half of the problem in vehicle engineering today. A computer to turn the wipers on. Don't even get me going on the transfer case control module.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
You've got to be kidding me, another electrical issue with the 08s. Were they high when they programmed these things?

·
Registered
92 Posts
this annoys the hell outta me, everytime i touch the brake pedal the winsheild wipers go three times. What do i tell them when i go to the stealership

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
this annoys the hell outta me, everytime i touch the brake pedal the winsheild wipers go three times. What do i tell them when i go to the stealership
"everytime i touch the brake pedal the winsheild wipers go three times." you just said it... :lol: you can give them the service bulletin to expediate the process.

·
microwave
5,085 Posts
Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. Mine just do a random wipe (1 time) out of nowhere while I am driving sometimes. Scared the shit out of me the first time, I was driving home drunk as hell, REALLY concentrating, and the wipers just waved at me. Got to love the search feature, was about to start a thread about this. I guess first thing Monday morning I will be at the "stealership". Thanks again Nation for help on a random electrical issue on these 08 Colorados.

:355:

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
my 07 has done it twice now.

·
The Old Man
5,960 Posts
Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. Mine just do a random wipe (1 time) out of nowhere while I am driving sometimes. Scared the shit out of me the first time, I was driving home drunk as hell, REALLY concentrating, and the wipers just waved at me. Got to love the search feature, was about to start a thread about this. I guess first thing Monday morning I will be at the "stealership". Thanks again Nation for help on a random electrical issue on these 08 Colorados.

:355:
there gonna see that V8 in there and blame it on you changing the motor..lol

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
You've got to be kidding me, another electrical issue with the 08s. Were they high when they programmed these things?
The only issue I've seen/heard of besides this one so far is the remote keyless entry being intermittent at best (mine does it)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back from the dead! (Just starting browsing the forums)

Seeing how our '08 has done this a few times, is it possible they will perform the TSB when it's out of warranty? Odometer has just under 40k on it.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back from the dead! (Just starting browsing the forums)

Seeing how our '08 has done this a few times, is it possible they will perform the TSB when it's out of warranty? Odometer has just under 40k on it.
Yes, it is a flash update of the BCM. You are close to the 36k B-B so they may just "goodwill" it and cover it.

It is typically 1 hr of tech time if you are not covered under B-B warranty to flash modules, BCM-PCM-TCM etc..

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Damn an hour? I charge .5 for a reflash. Maybe we should charge more. Lol. And depending on the dealer they should be able to goodwill that for ya.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Damn it I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. My truck has been doing this randomly for years, took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find the problem and had my truck for 2 days with the dash apart. Shaw GMC has the worst service.....

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
I actually discovered something weird about the phantom wipe with my truck. My key FOB battery has died twice and each time it was starting to die I would get the phantom wipe at least once every drive and once I replace the battery it stops happening.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine is an 07 and does the phantom wipe, also has the intermittent remote issue too.

Then again mine also goes through light bulbs like crazy. But this is nothing new for GM vehicles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts