Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you all for making SESM 2014 a success you guys!

I want us to discuss changing the meet for next year and moving it forward to a new date earlier so it's not as cold and windy as this past weekend was. I know there was plenty of talk about it so lets hear what you all think :salute:

Update: 1/2/15

From what I've gathered the consensus is to move the date back two weeks at minimum so I'm posting it up as my decision that we will be having SESM 2015 the weekend of October 2-4, 2015. That way the weather will be fairly comfortable still and we will be able to have many more members attend that wish to be with loved ones for Halloween.

Also @gway if you'd like to have an offroading meet for Friday feel free to take that upon yourself. I would personally love to go for a little ride in the woods with the trucks

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Re: SESM 2015 Date Change

Should be at the end of summer... IMO

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

BUt the last few have had ideal weather from what I remember/understand

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

Needs an offroading Friday.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts

Maybe just move it up a month or 15 days?

If i remember right, its been 50/50 with the weather through the meets.

Avoiding georgia heat/humidity is a must.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

Yeah I think moving it up a month at most would be good. I second the two weeks or month sentiment. (And not so much because of the weather either). In the future it would be nice to spend Halloween with my nephew.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

Second weekend of october sounds good to me. Cool enough, not weekend of highland games, and leaves are starting to change color. In addition, not that many good football games that weekend, so that might help

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts

I am fine anytime in October. I also did a lot of driving around the park after the meet Saturday, and, there are other places that we could gather that are better protected from the wind. Especially since the prevailing winds for this time of year come from the Northwest. That parking area is right out on the Northwest corner of the park, and the wind blows right across that hill we eat on. Just a thought.

·
Registered
833 Posts

I am down with whatever. Just as long as I get enough time to ask off work.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

the week before the meet is the highland games, which pretty much closes down the park. late September/early October its still pretty warm across most of the south, not to mention bugs

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts

Move SESM earlier to avoid the cold and Halloween weekend.

I will plan to make the drive next year if so.

·
Why?...'Merica!
3,134 Posts

I'm down to move it forward a couple weeks to a month. I will have a little 355er next year and this will be his/her first Halloween, and the warmer weather would be nice. Either way I plan to be there next year as long as my schedule agrees.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts

I am out if it's the weekend of the 24th... prior obligations.

I am fine anytime in October. I also did a lot of driving around the park after the meet Saturday, and, there are other places that we could gather that are better protected from the wind. Especially since the prevailing winds for this time of year come from the Northwest. That parking area is right out on the Northwest corner of the park, and the wind blows right across that hill we eat on. Just a thought.
I'd say that if it's easy to get 20-50 trucks to and park, then somewhere for everyone to sit, eat and hang out for the awards portion, it would be a great place. The winds are almost a definite being a fall meet unfortunately.

Needs an offroading Friday.
This would be a good idea as well...

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts

Just as long as it happens... I care not when !!! LOL

1 - 20 of 52 Posts