Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one on here ever installed a 2'' shackle lift and a skyjacker(or other) add-a-leaf in their trucks? I have read that the add a leaf gives about 4 inches of lift so the rear of my truck would be roughly 6 inches higher than stock, any issues with drive shaft clearance with the crossmember? and do i need a new spacer for the break line?

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
You are not gonna get 4 inches from the add a leafs. You get around 2.5 inches

·
Registered
435 Posts
They make 2inch add leads also. I'm running 2inch rough country add leaf with 2inch shackles. And stock drive shaft and brake lines. My lines are on the edge of being too short for offroading.. IF u find and use a 4 inch add leaf u will need longer drive shaft and brake line. You could SOA if u need that much lift

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Sometimes the skyjacker AALs are advertised as giving 4 " of lift because they are sold with the 4" front lift kit... but in reality they give around 2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
406 Posts
They make 2inch add leads also. I'm running 2inch rough country add leaf with 2inch shackles. And stock drive shaft and brake lines. My lines are on the edge of being too short for offroading.. IF u find and use a 4 inch add leaf u will need longer drive shaft and brake line. You could SOA if u need that much lift

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Do u know the part # for rough country aal? I just ordered a pro comp for under $40.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have 3.5" of suspension lift, and I don't have a ton of driveshaft clearance at full droop. With any more than 4", and properly sized shocks, you will likely have issues.

·
Registered
208 Posts
with the skyjacker aal (2.5") and a 2.5" shackle i have 5" lift in the back, I used the skyjacker brakeline spacer and i havent checked my driveshaft clearance. but with 4" you should be okay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I thought 4'' sounded like alot, what would be the best place to buy them? and are the skyjackers better than the rough country?

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
2" SMaxx shackles and AAL. Gained about 2.5" when I installed the AAL's on top of the shackles.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
yeah I thought 4'' sounded like alot, what would be the best place to buy them? and are the skyjackers better than the rough country?
I've read about guys cracking rough country springs over on pirate. But they really abuseed them.
If u had a choice for same price go with skyjacker bc they support Duck Commander :thumbup2:

Pro Comps I've heard only give u about 1.5 lift

1 - 11 of 11 Posts