Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the shackles in. What a PITA the passenger side was. Jacked up the truck, put stands under the frame on both sides. Then removed the bottom bolts from both shocks.

So we started on the passenger side one got the top bolt out with no problem. Then came the bottom one. The bottom bolt would not come out. Tried with a center punch and would come most of the way out but it was stuck on something. After a little more pounding and trying to get it out off to the hardware store. Got a both for a temporary solution. So I cut off the head of the bolt and figured we could get it out the other way. Well that worked after a little work with my buddy and I. Good thing it was at his shop with air tools. So we get the new shackle on and then go to the drivers side.

Guess what within 15 minutes that one was off and the new one on……

So then I gave the front a turn to ½ turn. I am 37 ¼ in the front and a little shy of the that in the rear. This is center line of the rim to the bottom of the flare.

The ride is a little stiffer but actually doesn’t seem like the truck bounces around when you hit rough road. Not sure if I am liking the feeling in the front end. I might drop it a little in the front.

The funny thing now is me steering wheel is straight. That has been that way since I got the got and a couple of trips to the dealer.

I really don’t notice a difference in the look of the truck. But at least now the 32’s don’t rub anymore on the flaps. I gained about an inch and a half….

So all in all not sure if it was really worth it or not…

A couple of pics this morning with the cell phone. I also drove 40 miles this morning with the shackles and turns on the TB's.....

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Looks good. :355:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i like it alot! sorry it took you so long i guees with all that salt you guys have in the winters stuff siezes up!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea we were thinking the road salt too.

The other side was like 15 minutes and done!!

Not sure if you really notice a difference or not.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
ehh you can in the back but i think the front need to cme up a little more it looks raked pretty bad to the front still!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ehh you can in the back but i think the front need to cme up a little more it looks raked pretty bad to the front still!

??? what do you mean?

The front is 37 1/2 to the bottom of the flares center line on the rims. The back is 37 to the bottom of the flares.

What is yours at?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
very nice RS about time... now i need to lift mine. awesome

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yeah i also think its a lil high in the back. But then again im from socal hahaha

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it was the way I was holding the phone! I'll try and get some better pics. But there really isn't any rake to it now.

Can some get me how many inches from ground to bottom of there flares? I did my center on rim. I would like to see where others are sitting. Also state what size tires your are running.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
i think it was the way I was holding the phone! I'll try and get some better pics. But there really isn't any rake to it now.

Can some get me how many inches from ground to bottom of there flares? I did my center on rim. I would like to see where others are sitting. Also state what size tires your are running.
I'm at about 28"/29" from the ground to the fender -- center on the wheel. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts