Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the messages that transpide via PM's between Tommy, David, Ron and myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo EJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wenty2
Ok, So i have been thinking of making an award like i did last year for the WCSM..

This one would be the "Shane Christensen Award"

The award would be given to an individual who shows outstanding commitment and ehtusiasm for the colorado/canyon community.

Maybe someone who has overcome adversity and still shows overal commitment to our truck community.

I dont have any "set" guidlines or anything...

I just want to work with all of you to make this award something that will be given out every year.

Please let me know what you think and lets see if we can get something set up as to "who deserves this award".

discuss...
Sounds like a great idea Tommy.

Coule of my thoughts:
How would we determine the best candidate for the award from the different boards?

What if the chosen candidate does not come to the WCSM?
1. dan can you set up a secret area that we can discuss it.

2. if you cant make it to the meet, i dont think you should be eligable.

3. i like the idea.

4. when we figure it out. i would say start a thread, for nominations. then have a poll, and let the peeps pick it.

just my thoughts.
Also you should talk to Shane's mother. Maybe she would like to have a part in it, or help present it to whoever wins.

Thanks,
David

I have also invited Izzy, Rudy, Jorge (Kingsting - NorCal Moderator) and Jeff (Hannibal - SoCal Moderator) to this private forum. Let me know if there is anyone else you would like to invite for planning this.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tasina
NorCal355 Street Kru

I agree with David's ideas. . have to attend to win. .
Shane's family present it. .

However I think instead of having a VOTE. .the kru leaders and maybe 'plus one' like the lieutinent of the diff. krews. or the other admins. .should come up with criteria . . membership/ people can NOMINATE. . . but It could turn into a popularity contest.
i think "MERIT" and "SPIRIT" of giving, working behind the scenes or something similiar should be considered. . overcoming incredible odds.. .(ie: jeff taking care of his wife ) . .
not everyone on the site knows everyone well, and the kru leaders/lieutenants (sorry, can't think of another word), admins. .have a sense of who's doing what in each kru. . so it should up to you guys to choose . .

knowing all of you, you each go BEYOND the call of duty with your krus. .so it takes one to know one. . you know who goes all out, who it's tough for and yet they perservere. .etc.

just my imput.

BTW, I'm working on some of the swag with Ron, for the gift bags. . hopefully y'all can come up with a LOGO or Design for the meet so I can get going on some keychains, lighters, magnets, etc.

excited to work on it
Tasina is offline Add Infraction for Tasina Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Tasina
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tasina
Find More Posts by Tasina
Add Tasina to Your Contacts
Old 02-03-2010, 10:40 PM #9
2wenty2
Registered Users

Sorry for taken so long guys, life has been rough lately.

Here is what my original thoughts were.

When thinking about this award, like Lakota said, it would have to be something other than just "you have a cool truck." This needs to be an awards where the person that receives it must have shown some sort of "extra work" weather it be community service, donations to a charity, SOMETHING.

We have to think of Shane in this aspect. Shane was faced with a crappy situation. He overcame that and put so much effort and time into his truck, his communtiy, and gave money to numerous charities to help support cancer research.

Being that we as "admins" of each krew, we know what effort each individual puts out. That is why I thought that it would be a nomination/decision effort. Again, like Lakota pointed out, we would have open nominations... with details on WHY someone should be nominated. "Because his truck is bagged, His truck is tight, etc" is NOT a credible nomination. There needs to be a detailed explanation on why someone should be nominated.

I also agree that Shane's family needs to be involved somehow in this whole ordeal. Whether it be presenting, or making a speech... SOMETHING!

This being said. I wanted to have you all put your ideas together and come up with a significant "guideline" as to who should be considered for this award.

I am really sorry for the late response, but I am excited to get this thing rolling along. Once we get a standardized guideline, I will start picking out the award that will be presented.
2wenty2 is offline Add Infraction for 2wenty2 Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tasina
NorCal355 Street Kru

lol. . .izzy
some criteria could include maybe some 'community service'. .

one person i would think along the 'selfless' category, would be someone like Raidrz who takes care of his wife with her disease. . as opposed to kicking her to the curb because she's older and sick. .

something 'self-less' . .where a guy thinks of helping others and not just about himself. .

we don't have many 'heroes' that I know of but then i don't know what you do 'off site'. .
you all are pretty generous when it comes to helping each other. . .

I know I'm amazed at Ron, Dan, and Izzy for helping with trucks, most of the time, with no compensation . as opposed to others who 'sell' services are parts. .

just my 2 cents
Tasina is offline Add Infraction for Tasina Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Tasina
View Public Profile
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM #14
The Wolf!
Cali Lieutenant - Admin

raiders is a good choice and example. another one is mark from socal. homeboy is in a chair, but still supports 355 and is a advocate when getting peeps togeather.

its going to be tough to come up with the criteria. they have to be selfless, i totally agree.

and if we have renea involved, we need to have it be right, i would hate for her to be dissapointed.

on another note, tommy or david, could you have ranea call.

NEW 2010 CATALOG
http://www.355nation.net/forum/sinsi...ts-2010-a.html
The Wolf! is online now Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
The Wolf!
View Public Profile
Send a private message to The Wolf!
Send email to The Wolf!
Visit The Wolf!'s homepage!
Find More Posts by The Wolf!
Add The Wolf! to Your Contacts
Old 02-05-2010, 04:12 PM #15
2wenty2
Registered Users

Self-less is kind of what I was going for.

Not necessarily someone who has a life threatening disease (IZZY - Brain Dead)... But someone who gives, or helps others rather than just being selfish.

Hell, I would Def. nominate Ron just because he helps people COUNTLESS times with drops, research, discounts, etc. However, we need to come up with some guidelines like I said. Do "krew leaders" get nominated? and if so, who decides the outcome?

I think that having Ranae involved is big, and if we are going to do this, it does have to be right, and planned/organized. Ill talk with David tonight and get his thoughts and tell him to post up on here. Also, I might just give Ranae a call and ask her what she thinks of the idea and what, In her eyes, would make a good candidate for the award.

In the meantime, we all should start a set of guidelines and add/subtract from them as we deliberate.

What would be the easiest way to have a community guideline list? just start a new thread with JUST guideline opinions/edits/amendments? Start a Google Docs file where everyone can edit it? what would be easiest?
2wenty2 is offline Add Infraction for 2wenty2 Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
2wenty2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2wenty2
Send email to 2wenty2
Find More Posts by 2wenty2
Add 2wenty2 to Your Contacts
Old 02-05-2010, 07:35 PM #16
The Wolf!
Cali Lieutenant - Admin

first i think you need to define what the award is for, then set the guidlines.

NEW 2010 CATALOG
http://www.355nation.net/forum/sinsi...ts-2010-a.html
The Wolf! is online now Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
The Wolf!
View Public Profile
Send a private message to The Wolf!
Send email to The Wolf!
Visit The Wolf!'s homepage!
Find More Posts by The Wolf!
Add The Wolf! to Your Contacts
Old 02-05-2010, 09:24 PM #17
2wenty2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf! View Post
first i think you need to define what the award is for, then set the guidlines.

WE need to define the award.
2wenty2 is offline Add Infraction for 2wenty2 Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
2wenty2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2wenty2
Send email to 2wenty2
Find More Posts by 2wenty2
Add 2wenty2 to Your Contacts
Old 02-12-2010, 06:22 PM #18
DBNissan
CALI-BOSS, ADMIN

Send a message via AIM to DBNissan Send a message via Yahoo to DBNissan

SC set the bar so high that it is hard to think of where we should begin.

Do we look at it as a good Samaritan award? I dunno

NorCal 355 Embroidery Store | NorCal 355 New Logo Store | NorCal355 Body Shop Store | NorCal355 Star Shop Store

Buy a 2010 West Coast 355 Calendar >>>

SIGN-UP FOR WCSM'10!!!
DBNissan is offline Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
DBNissan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DBNissan
Find More Posts by DBNissan
Add DBNissan to Your Contacts
Old 02-13-2010, 10:16 PM #19
2wenty2
Registered Users

Here are some options, that I was thinking of.

1st we look at commitment/involvement with the 355 community (forums, helping others, etc) How much does this person put into his.. or other peoples 355 that shows an outstanding commitment.

2nd we would look at community involvement, whether it be helping local youth clubs/leagues, volunteering, whatever it may be.

3rd we would look at involvement within the 355 world. Not necessarily the "helping others/working on their truck" but rather helping better the 355 community. Forum involvement/planning, etc.

I think it should be a set order that we go through.. like a checklist in some sort.

Not really a "good samaratin" award, but an overall "achievement award?"

I dunno. if none of this makes sense, please bare with me. Ive been beat the last couple days trying to find a place to live. We got a notice in the mail of "termination" because the owner wants to sell our place. So I have been working late hours and spending all my spare time finding a house.
2wenty2 is offline Add Infraction for 2wenty2 Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coreyd
NorCal's 1st Bagged 355 - Moderator

you think if sc's family is going to give the award in behalf of his name, then we should ask them what the award should be for
coreyd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to coreyd
Visit coreyd's homepage!
Find More Posts by coreyd
Add coreyd to Your Contacts
Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 AM #22
Tasina
NorCal355 Street Kru

So anything more figured out with this award??
Tasina
View Public Profile
Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM #23
rrcn
The FNG

we did an award similar to this this past weekend at fff for one of our members who passed away 5 years ago at fff

we had one of our members who was really close to aaron select the vehicle he liked the most and he awarded the owner the aaron strange award

i thought that was a great idea, and i think that shanes family should be a part of selecting who the award goes to and what the award should be for
Send a private message to rrcn
Find More Posts by rrcn
Add rrcn to Your Contacts
Old 03-18-2010, 04:05 PM #24
Tasina
NorCal355 Street Kru

that's sounds very cool Rudy. Definitely have his family decide. . .

as far as the actual award, are you thinking trophy or plaque? maybe y'all have an idea of what you want it to look like. .
if not,
I have a suggestion. .

I did the 'trophies' for my cousin's contest at a powwow in South Dakota, and I surprised her and got 3 Stars made ..(the contest was 1st, 2nd and 3rd place)

they were the size of smaller the your hand spread open, but bigger than your palm .. came in a satin lined box. .
so maybe something like this might be a nice surprise. . Star in the sky. . Star in the Heavens .. Okay, maybe that's too girly thinking. .
but they have OVAL or CIRCLE or RECTANGULAR or SQUARE shaped.

but just check it out. . Maybe too fem. . you guys might want something more MANLY ..

but putting his pic with his truck. . or the pic of front page of the 335 nation calendar , or another pic all together, with whatever words they'd want on it. .

what do you think??

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AceX
Registered Users

What if we could find a model of SC's truck?
AceX is offline Add Infraction for AceX Report Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
AceX
View Public Profile
Send a private message to AceX
Send email to AceX
Find More Posts by AceX
Add AceX to Your Contacts
Old 03-19-2010, 08:57 AM #26
rrcn
The FNG

i say a plaque

black wood with a gold engraved piece in the center, we could do a pic of his truck on there too

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2wenty2
Registered Users

I spoke with Shane's Family at our last meet (2 weekends ago) and told them our plan on this award. i am waiting to hear back from them as to their idea's of who should be nominated for this award. Once I hear more from them i will keep you guys updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts