Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to a place called redline autobody in St. Albert today and got them to write me up a quote on getting my crew cab doors shaved.

$2,409.00 for everything.

do u think thats too much? what are your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
312 Posts
2400!!!! that includes completely painted doors and a blow job from the woman at the front desk right lol just messin man but for real though just getting the handles shaved and then painted for 2400 seems like alot to me i got quoted 2800 for shaved handles, tails, third brake light and molded roll pan wit leds. and license plate box frenched in thats primered though but still alot more work involved and only 400 more than your quote i would do some searching...

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna be looking around more. the first place i went to a couple months back quoted me about 5 grand. i told them to get fucked. but 2400 for everything including aint and all. so far thats the best price i got. if u guys know of any other places that may be cheaper then let me know

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

also should i get rid of the nerf bars and box rails or paint them. any thoughts would really help

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
I'd say def get ride of the nerf bars.. the rails either paint them or take them off.. in my opinon

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why do u say that its gonna suck

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
wow 2400 is quite a bit, im only paying about 400 to have 2 doors done, but thats just the body work, i installed all the hardware myself

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
just a pain in the ass sometimes to have shaved doors. Plus you gunna wanna come up with other ways to get into your car just incase something fails.

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what do u recommend then. and the odds of all 4 doors not working at the same time are pretty slim

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
it's gonna suck because you can NEVER close your door if you have the keys in the truck.. unless u leave a window open.. i did that the other day, stopped at the end of my driveway to grab the news paper/mail and i got out and shut the door.. my handles aren't shaved yet, but all the rods and hardware and shit was removed.. soooo i had to run into the house and grab the spare remote to pop the door. luckily i was at home :lol:

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i always have my remote with me. i just keep the key itself in the truck if i have to leave it running. i dont think i would have any problems but i do understand where u guys are coming from. that would suck though if i did do that

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats a good idea also

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Hey man....Redline does amazing work. My truck is straight as an arrow. They DO REALLY GOOD WORK. But I guess you get what you pay for right ? What I would do is go to as many body shops as I could and Get as many quotes as I could. Then go back to Keving and tell him what you can get else where. Or even offer him an under the table deal. :shrug:

·
The Albertin
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im thinking im gonna do that on friday. im heading back home today but i will be back in the city tomorrow night. i gotta get my truck looked at on thursday. its starting to piss me off a bit

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
yea if your brain, or the fuse to it goes out all 4 doors will not work :lol: . In my car i put my doors on a seperate alarm with a backup battery. And my other alarm has a window roll down module. I also have a battery jump cable so if both batteries die i can jump it without opening the hood. So if something happens to the doors i can still roll down the windows and open them from the inside.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts