Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

She's gone.

4K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  CASTLEx173 
#1 ·
As a few of you know, I nailed a telephone pole last saturday night..
I was headed home, got in the de-cel lane, started to turn, looked down in the seat for a split second, looked up and got hit in the face with an airbag..
Phone was in my pocket and ipod was in the radio, so it wasn't because of that.
The good news is I never got a ticket, the cop never even asked if I had been drinking or anything(thought I would of passed the test either way, and I didn't knock the pole over.
My shoulder feels like it's on fire every time I move it more than a little, and the migraines come and go...

BUT.

My family isn't coffin shopping and I'm not in jail.
and that's all that matters.

Not sure if my head or the airbag hit here or not.

I won't lie, I even started tearing up here. I've had some damn good times and made so many good memories with this girl, I still can't believe she's gone. But I did find one thing I could keep.. Out of everything that was destroyed on my front end, the bow tie was the only thing that telephone pole still couldn't break.

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn.

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I'm really sorry for your loss.
I'm happy though that you're still here to tell the tale. :thumbup:
Hope your injuries heal quickly and completely.

#3 ·
Sorry for your mishap... The truck can be replaced !!! Glad your ok !!!

#12 ·
Dang... that's some shit. Glad you are good man.

I assume with what you are saying insurance totaled it. You planning on buying another, buying this one back, or just moving on all together?

Long story short.. I'm stuck with it.
That's why I'm thanking god I didn't knock the poll over, that would of cost me 10k.
My plan right now is to part it, get what I can for the rest, bank all this money.
Live off nothing for a few months.
Then sell the little corolla I'll be in for awhile.
And finally go put a nice chunk down on something newer.
I haven't decided yet if I'll get another Colorado.. It's really too soon to say.
If I do it'll either be a newer 5.3 or a 2015. Right now I'm just happy I'm alive.
I'd love to fix it but with the time and money I'll have in it, it's not worth it.
I'm just trying to stick with an adult decision here.

I'm mobile.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 ·
Man that sucks... and is great at the same time?

What rims are those? I'm not trying to part out your baby, but thought they looked good on your truck.

And I'll be honest, despite the carnage I was also digging the blue dome light.

When all was said and done it's too bad that happened, but after all the years of you taking care of the truck it returned the favor when it was most needed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
I have been following on IG

So I guess I will be the first ....someone has to be......How much for all 4 flares?

If it was to soon to ask.....sorry man :hide:

#16 ·
ok, cool Cody, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.