Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...was going to install my rear Rancho 5000's yesterday, but struggled with the shock boots for an hour. Got them on, but my hands are beat-up. Anyone have tips/tricks for other's because I definitely had issues. Don't recall this problem from years past w/other brands...thks!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You didn't mention what the problem was.
But if it was trying to get the boot to lock the groove, a little soap or a thin film of grease is helpful to get the boot to slip over the lip.

Or if it's cold, it's probably going to be difficult either way as the material isn't very pliable.

I remember years ago I had a hard time getting the groove in the boot to come up onto the lip. I assume that is your question as well.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it was simply getting the boot on the shock. You know the bottom's too large to slide it up and so I started from the top ("T" mount)...maybe this was wrong? Either way, both are on now and I thought about the soap trick, but didn't want to make it slippery. Thks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never ran shock boot's on my 4wd. They always would fill up with muddy water when I went wheeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts