Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking on RockAuto I only see one choice of front and rear shocks for 4WD/off-road suspension/front torsion bars combo. They are KYBs at just under $40 each,

Advanced Auto doesn’t list 4WD/off-road suspension options and their shocks start around $60 each (not that I’d buy shocks at AA, just comparing offerings).

My Canyon is a street/highway queen. I think I’ve had in 4WD maybe twice, just to see if it worked. Said that to illustrate that I’m not looking for remote reservoir Baja running shocks. Just need shocks that will calm down the motion and have a decent ride.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I spent time on Bilstein's website (not the most user friendly) and got the p/n (f & r) for my truck. Then went out on the internet and found the best price, which happened to be eBay at the time. I have always liked Bilstein.

·
Registered
647 Posts
For the driving conditions you stated the KYB will restore the factory ride. The Bilstein, while a very good shock, will give a stiffer ride you might not appreciate for your stated driving style and need.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A few years ago I replaced mine with Monroes. Surprised to see the condition of my factory shocks, 3 not dampening very much at all, the other was blown and just along for the ride. The factory shocks are no doubt the cheapest things GM could find. When I replace them again, I will do Monroe again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts