Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1200 watt xm-2002GTR and Kicker Solo L5 2 ohm...the guys at the shitty circuit told me this combination will work bridging the amp down to the one sub...i dont know because there was a warning inside the box saying runnin amp down to 2 ohm mono may damage the amp..

thanx guys...I know nothing when it comes to this shit

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12" L5 is all I know....:lol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is It Hooked Up Yet And It Will Cut Out Before It Will Hurt The Amp! When You Turn It Up Or It Gets Hot! Thats Why I Went To A Mono Amp. E Bay Has Them Really Cheap

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanx dude I havent hooked it up yet going to tonight...yeah the installer said perfect match...I think the dude shouldn't be installing

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep fucker got real hot but didnt cut out

·
Registered
267 Posts
:noes::eek6:thats not good ! where did you put your amp?The amp wont last long if its getting real hot. Can you take the amp back

·
Registered
971 Posts
Your amp will not be running at 2 ohms. The L5s are all dual voice coil subs. This means your sub is either wired at 4ohms (which would be good) or 1 ohm (which would be really bad lol) If the sub is wired at 4ohms then the amp is a pretty good match. Amp will be putting out 500wrms and the sub can handle 600wrms.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gain is turned down to half...sub says 2 ohm on the speaker terminal.its a loaded enclosure...your help is much appreciated guys

·
Registered
971 Posts
Oh ok. I thought you meant the sub was a dvc 2ohm sub. I'd be wary about running that amp at 2ohm. Some amps can run lower than their rated impedence but sometimes it's a crap shoot. Can you take the amp back and exchange it or get your money back? You have a warning inside the box that says do not run this amp at 2ohm. Should be pretty cut and dry for you having a case saying that you were misinformed by the sales associate.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I say forget circuit city alltogether. lol. I just looked online and they don't have an amp that would be good for that sub for less than $400, unless they have different stuff in the store. Let me know what you do. I can help pick an amp out for you no problem if you go with something different.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh ok. I thought you meant the sub was a dvc 2ohm sub. I'd be wary about running that amp at 2ohm. Some amps can run lower than their rated impedence but sometimes it's a crap shoot. Can you take the amp back and exchange it or get your money back? You have a warning inside the box that says do not run this amp at 2ohm. Should be pretty cut and dry for you having a case saying that you were misinformed by the sales associate.
yeah it had that warning in it i didnt really notice the sub box till i got homr

I say forget circuit city alltogether. lol. I just looked online and they don't have an amp that would be good for that sub for less than $400, unless they have different stuff in the store. Let me know what you do. I can help pick an amp out for you no problem if you go with something different.
yeah they are pretty shitty...I called out and bitched them out cause this will be my third trip...and I am bout to bitch slap somone...the bad thing is the dude said thats a great match :wtf: i told them I want to speak with the manager too when I come tonight :lol: thanx for the help dude

·
Registered
971 Posts
Let me know. I can find you something online no problem at all. I actually just bought an amp from crutchfield that 500wrms x 1 at 2ohm for $90. We can find you something for that same price or less that will be a better match no problem.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn dude cool thanx

·
Registered
971 Posts
The amp I got was made by Blaupunkt. I got a scratch and dent and it came to $90 shipped. It has the same 1 year warrenty as a brand new one too. I'm hooking it up to a 12L5 in a ported box in my dad's Yukon hopefully tomorrow. I can let you know how it does once it's in if you want.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool man that would be tits

1 - 19 of 19 Posts