Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now im running a flowmaster muffler that came on it when i bought it. the problem with Louisiana roads are that they broke the welds on my tips so i cut them off. right now im not getting near the sound i had with the pipes so i was thinking about going strait pipe to a y pipe so i can run duels.... i have duel right now and it sound ok. but trucks should= loud any ideas?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
straight pipes might sound too ricey, but hey let us know!
as a matter of fact I tryed doing the pipes b4 and i went to relocate my muffler and with a stait pipe from the cat it sounded throaty as all hell. it was super loud, almost to loud. thats why i wanted to take it as listed above!

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
i ran without my muffler for a lil while and it does sound pretty mean... loud definately not a bad sound though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Only if you stick a turbo in there somewhere.

·
0 Posts
When I gutted the manifold cat I ran just the exhaust manifold for half a day...It didn't sound ricey at all, just sounded mean and pissed off...it sure turned a lot of heads...so I don't think straight pipe would sound too crappy after hearing what it sounds like right out of the manifold...

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
just watch the sound ordinances for where you live cops might give you shit for it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I desided to go with my flows still and im just goin to run 3" from them out infront of the rear wheel! thanks for everyones insight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts