Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that although my Z71 sits the perfect height for my 6'4" frame, my 75 year old mother and 5'6" wife have some difficulty getting in and out of my truck. I don't think nerf bars would work too well for my mother, so I am going to have to consider running boards. While I would like these http://http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Power_Step/powerstep_automatic_retracting_running_board.htm I don't see my budget going that high for this mod. So....show me your running boards people, so I can get an idea what will look good on my truck while being functional. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the Luverne mega step with the optional back splash to fill between the running board and rocker panel. What I like is the look of a nerf bar but function of a running board. The mounting brackets are custom fitted for each truck, not a "universal". they are very heavy duty and have no give when stepping up. I believe they were rated at 350 lbs.

Luverne Mega Step - Free Shipping

[/URL][/IMG]

Joe

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I had not run across that brand yet in my search. It also helps that you have a Z71 crew cab like mine so I can really see what they look like. Website added to favorites for further consideration. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like you have the optional backsplash, correct? I like that look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I have the splash panels. They hide the brackets, the black rubber plugs on the bottom of the rocker panels and the chassis cross members. They also keep ice and snow from building up on top of the running board, but that won't be much of a problem in Fl.
The brackets mount to existing holes in the frame, not the body. No drilling necessary.
I shopped around at the time and found a good price, but that was almost 4 years ago and I don't recall where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts