Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of our 5M community do any mods to that ugly molded plastic shift knob? If you did anything unique, post it up!

Here's my shifter mod: MOMO perforated polished stainless with matching leather boot

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
That looks exceptional! :cool:

I'd like to do that. Any tips/advice? And is there a certain knob/boot combo that needs to be used? I'm mainly concerned with getting the right boot to fit.

I do know we have to cut the stock one off. What did you use to secure the new knob? Perhaps some JB Weld?

Lots of questions, need answers! :D

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
wish mine was a stick shift

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured I'd do a how-to on shifter mods. Once I write it up I'll link it. It was about a level 3/10 PITA.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
i like my automatic. maybe im just lazy tho.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
I have an extra shifer without knob or boot if anyones interested.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
I may be interested. Pic?

What do you want for it?

Possibly a trade? I've got a ton of parts laying around in my dinning room... :oops:
paint me some headlights white, i tried and screwed them up. jk anyway lists some parts up and we'll see.

but the reason ths might come in handy is that you can use it to fit a new knob without screwing up yours

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Send me (and pay for return shipping) a set of headlights/DRLs and I'll paint 'em for ya. No big deal. :D

Well, now that I think about it some more, I don't know what I could trade you that'd be fair.

I have a ton of large pieces like a rear bumper, grille shell, taillights, headlights, DRLs, lower valance, license plate holder, intake box, resonator, seat covers, stock coils, 60/40 seats, etc.

I guess I could trade these:

Stock rear shocks
Rear bump stops
AM/FM radio
Stock U-bolts
High beam and low beam bulbs

LOL.

(I already know you most likely have no use for any of those).

Otherwise, everything else wouldn't be a fair trade.

How much you want for it, shipped? ;)

[EDIT]: Hmmm...you don't have the bottom trim ring for it?

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
the bottom ring was sold along with console when I did the center console between the seats swap.

23 dollars paypal and its yours including shipping, why 23 because I will just but the white face gauges on ebay. if thats to much then I will hold on to it. cya

your not going to hurt my feelings if you dont want it. I will try to sell it on ebay

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
the bottom ring was sold along with console when I did the center console between the seats swap.

23 dollars paypal and its yours including shipping, why 23 because I will just but the white face gauges on ebay. if thats to much then I will hold on to it. cya

your not going to hurt my feelings if you dont want it. I will try to sell it on ebay
I may take it if I can figure out a way to get the new boot to mount to the console and I don't want to jerry rig it. If I can't figure a good way to mount it, then I'll have to pass and just mod my stock one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts