Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum srry if there has already been a post but i looked and couldnt fund one. Is there any products on the market for our trucks to have the exhaust pipes exit before our back tires? idk it just sounds like it would be pretty cool to do if its possible.

·
Registered
128 Posts
go to a shop and they could surely modify it to allow it to go before the rear tire.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had an F-150, and I took it to a muffler shop and told them what I wanted- a Flowmaster exhaust that exits BEFORE the rear tire, and they did it perfect. It was the best sounding truck I ever owned.

By the way, it won't make the rear tire black. I had mine for years and it didn't affect my rear tires. Maybe it will on a diesel????

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
only thing I have to add is remember you have those air flaps between your bed and the back of your cab. With a crew cab the area that the exhaust would be dumping out before the tire would be pretty much right under those flaps. I'm not saying you would die from exhaust in the cab, but it might be load as hell

·
Spoolin Jr. Survivor
6,613 Posts
I did a side exit right in front of my caltracs and it was pretty easy with a set of mandrel bends. I painted it black so you don't really notice it. I did it for performance mostly.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
It's legal in every state as long as it exits behind the cab.

Here's a vid showing mine:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
In CT unless it's factory equipped it's a no go, but the cop has to be a real dick to come after you for it. I had cut-outs in my body kit on my dropped s-10 with it exiting right before the rear tires and I was ticketed luckily my dad had an s-10 blazer so we swapped the exhaust from that for the inspection then swapped back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.