Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:true: So I got bored the last 2 nights and decided to tie some side markers into my drls..Im waiting for some cop to say its underbody......:D Im thinking about either adding another 1 or 2 to the side but tie those into the directional lights. It wasnt hard to do this and I think a few other have done so, the biggest hassle is trying to hide the wiring. Oh and it cost me like 40 bucks for wiring and lights. The lights are sealed LEDs. cant go cheap when playing in snow. Let me know what you think of my further expansion plans. Do note I will be installing running boards at xmas. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
sweet dude i wanna do the same thing...

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...im just waiting to get my running board so then i can permantly attach them. Right now its just 5lb doublsided tape.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You guys are about 2 months to late :p

I have 4 LED Trailer markers along the underside...

I have the same problem of them being considered underbody lights, so I am gonna go turn them 90 degrees so they point out...

I also have one hanging off of each MIRROR as my directional's... $10 Signal mirrors....

Here is where I ran my wires into the cab

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, i know you had it...i stole the idea off your thread. ahahahah:high5:

You have any problems with the cops? I know your a FF... Just worried one of them is gonna say its ground lighting not marker lights...

Can you show me how you did your mirrors?...contemplating doing that or tying another set of lights along the markers as turns...

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you ground the wires.....having issues with that...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sure, I will get some pictures of the mirrors for you...

I have no wires for ground.. Mine are screwed into the body, and on the light, the screw is the ground..

Only one wire... Positive

let me get my camera... I need to clean the garage anyways.

and Ground effects are legal in FL but not in MI

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea the ones i got are single wire screw to ground....couldnt bring myself to drill into my baby yet....

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
On the mirrors, they do need a grounding wire... I soldered them... I removed the mirror, MAKE SURE YOU GRASP IT TIGHT WHEN YOU REMOVE IT... I dropped my first one and had to pay $70 for a new mirror. I just did not have a tight grip on it.

This one looks yucky is my silicone went bad. so i need to remove it, and reapply the silicone that I used to seal it..

Then I ran two wires through the door... I have had no leaks.. and I power washed that whole area to test..

'

YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skcaRkGwPbI

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet man thanks. I think this shall be next weekend project now...

How hard is it to get the actuall reflective mirro apart from the housing...and what holds it on?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Tilt the mirror up and towards the cab.

In the newly uncovered corner, you'll see a small area where a flat head screwdriver will fit.

Then just gently pry the two plastic pieces apart from that location.

Just in case, make sure you don't pry against the glass.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So its an adhesive that hold the two together. is it good for multiple times or do i need to have something on hand first?? :) Thanks!

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet...so after you break the suction with the screwdriver it comes apart, and then you just press it back together to seal it....brilliant... Im gonna have to do a how-to on all of this and take pictures.....ill talk to WwRGSwW and get his permission to incorporat his article...sweet

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude...can i use your how-to along with my stuff and do a full how-to for anybody else thats interested. I think that it will prob only be 4x4s....lol

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was my thought. Im thinking about getting a small bar....welding everything on to that, and then attaching it to the truck...gonna have to play with the idea...my issues is with them pointing down also.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts