Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of black, straight side steps to hide the frame since I'm putting a 3" body lift this week. I want the kind that attach to and raise up with the body instead of mounting to the frame and leaving a huge gap. I was wondering which ones have the brackets I would need to do this?

I've found these: 4" Oval Side Step Nerf Bars Running Boards 04 12 Colorado Canyon Crew Cab Black | eBay

and judging from the video on the ad they mount like the ones I'm looking for but they are different then the actual ones in the video.

I also found these: New Stainless Steel 4inch Oval Side Step Bars Fit 04 12 Colorado Crew Cab | eBay

From the instructions they look like the ones I want and I figure I can just rattle can bedliner/plasti-dip them or get them powder coated.

Any help is appreciated or any other options that fit what I'm looking for.
Modify message

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Factory step bars mount to the body and will do what you are asking.

Most aftermarket bars mount to the body mounts which will leave the gap you are wanting to avoid. Try checking the actual manufacturers website for model specific installation instructions would be your best bet.

I wanna say there are others but I cant think of them off hand right now.

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
I think these will be your best bet without having to modify an aftermarket set of brackets to raise them with the body lift. They are also available in brushed or chrome. Good luck!

12498039 STEP PKG

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. I emailed the seller on my second link and he said they do mount to the body as per the instructions that are on the add so they are what im looking for. Not crazy about the chrome but I can see how chrome looks, if i don't like it I'll paint it black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts