Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare hood left over from our truck that got wrecked and I was looking to use it to design either a Camaro ZL1 style hood or a Silverado HD style hood (with the louvres near the windshield) for the colorados, but before I do so I just want to gauge interest.

Thoughts feelings guys?

·
Registered
392 Posts
A while ago there were some pictures with a couple rado's with HD hoods, down in Texas I believe. I don't remember who posted it, it was a while ago.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Matt had one made, downtime.

I love the idea, 2 down sides to after market hoods.

1. Cost, most on here won't pay $500 for a hood.
2. Shipping, they are a pain in the ass to ship.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'd like to see a hd hood built. With the louvers and a ram air scoop.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I know this has nothing to do with the choices above, but I have always been partial to the cts-v hoods with the subtle cowl and center crease. I have often wondered what that would look like on our hood. There is enough surface area to pull it off and make it look oem.

~~~let that marinate~~~

edit: I guess I would have to choose the HD hood. Closest match. I wouldn't buy one though.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Here you go, the two that are known about and in my opinion, the absolute coolest hood ever on a 355.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Those look pretty cool, my favorite hood out there is the one a guy made from Idaho. Can't remember his screen name but his truck was lowered and then he lifted it. It was kind of like a Tacoma with the scoop open in the front.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've always wanted to try and fab up a hood like this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts