Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed this console on their truck? It looks like a pretty straight forward install. I just wanna see what it would look like first before I pull the plug and order it!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1394335367.384624.jpg

Sent from crappy AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think you have to cut your headliner though. To mount the bracket.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I put one in from a late 90's/early 2000's silverado. It was much longer than the one in your picture. The aft edge has a bracket which I slid into my existing dome light cutout, then I used a tinnerman nut above the headliner to accept the forward screw which holds it in place. Only cutting that had to be done was the hole (#21 drill bit) for the forward attach.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I put one in from a late 90's/early 2000's silverado. It was much longer than the one in your picture. The aft edge has a bracket which I slid into my existing dome light cutout, then I used a tinnerman nut above the headliner to accept the forward screw which holds it in place. Only cutting that had to be done was the hole (#21 drill bit) for the forward attach.
Got any pictures? I would like to see it.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I'll try and get one up within the next couple of hours. At work and have to jump through hoops to get pics of anything worth looking at past their filters.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea. The interior of the 'Rado was a shade darker than my Canyon. Still a cool install and a handy place to store your shades and stuff.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts