Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think you have to cut your headliner though. To mount the bracket.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I put one in from a late 90's/early 2000's silverado. It was much longer than the one in your picture. The aft edge has a bracket which I slid into my existing dome light cutout, then I used a tinnerman nut above the headliner to accept the forward screw which holds it in place. Only cutting that had to be done was the hole (#21 drill bit) for the forward attach.

·
Super Moderator
2,379 Posts
I put one in from a late 90's/early 2000's silverado. It was much longer than the one in your picture. The aft edge has a bracket which I slid into my existing dome light cutout, then I used a tinnerman nut above the headliner to accept the forward screw which holds it in place. Only cutting that had to be done was the hole (#21 drill bit) for the forward attach.
Got any pictures? I would like to see it.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I'll try and get one up within the next couple of hours. At work and have to jump through hoops to get pics of anything worth looking at past their filters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.