Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, now I feel like a douche bag for missing that thread... :dawg: I assume $3K is a good price. Now to find someone to throw that bitch in there for me! (local that is)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
$3k is good for everything. You could get good money for the tranny/transfercase since I assume you'll be staying with 2wd.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Current Performance Wiring is in FL and they specialize in LSx swaps in S10's and Colorado's.

FYI, you're not going to be able to use that transmission without swapping the output shaft for a 2wd one. It'd be expensive to have them swap that because you have to disassemble the entire transmission to replace it. I think the SS comes with a 4L65E though, not the 60E. Do you know RCSB? If it is the 4L65E it'd probably be worth having it swapped because of the stronger internals. You're a 5spd now aren't you?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Bleh, I type to slow. He beat me to it. :dawg:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yes, its a 4L65E. I would honestly sell it with the transfer case though, you could get good money for it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Maybe you could get enough out of it for a T56? :yup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Current Performance Wiring is in FL and they specialize in LSx swaps in S10's and Colorado's.

FYI, you're not going to be able to use that transmission without swapping the output shaft for a 2wd one. It'd be expensive to have them swap that because you have to disassemble the entire transmission to replace it. I think the SS comes with a 4L65E though, not the 60E. Do you know RCSB? If it is the 4L65E it'd probably be worth having it swapped because of the stronger internals. You're a 5spd now aren't you?
Yep, 5-speed now. I emailed the guy and this is what he sent back to me.

"The trans is set up for a transfercase so,You would have to change the
outputshaft to 2wd to use.

Motor 1800.00,Trans 900.00 and case 500.00.Thanx,Keith"

So I could pickup the motor for $1800! Or from what you guys are saying I should buy the whole setup and sell the trans & transfer??

As I am mechanically inclined, I've never done any type of swap like this and would like to get "hands-on" with it, so someone local to West Palm would better suit me than Current Performance which is in Orlando area I believe.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, double post......

Thinking of going to look at this thing. As I said previously, first time with this so anything you guys can give my advice on what to look for, questions to ask, paperwork and such would be great.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Your crazy... spend your money elsewhere. Motorswaps are for hotrods and hondas. :lol: ;)

j/k but someone gotta try to burst your bubble :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your crazy... spend your money elsewhere. Motorswaps are for hotrods and hondas. :lol: ;)

j/k but someone gotta try to burst your bubble :)
Yes Zach, and we can ALWAYS depend on you for that ;)

Off topic - Saw you not to long ago cruise through the parking lot where they hold the weekly car show right off 441. You frequent the show or is that close to where you work?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got setup to go look at this motor and I have a guy that said he'd help me put it in (he's built a few cars, knows what he is doing) , but would have to be on our "off-time" so this may take a few months. One question that came up was the rear end of these trucks. Do they need to be changed out with the swap? And is the 4l60E the tranny to go with? Cause, I really don't think my 5-speed tranny is going to work ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts

get a seal kit, output shaft, and tailshaft housing... if you have a friend in the transmission business its a 45 minute job tops they'd do it for you for 100 bux im sure. as long as the tranny is already out of the vehicle. i could do it for you in my garage right now but w/e.
u might be able to go to a trans shop and just do a trade straight up also... depends on what their stock is sometimes they'll want the 4x4 trans...
i'd personally just swap the shaft.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts