Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i push the breaks even barley touching them while going about 10-15 mph i get a loud pop sound coming from the passenger side.. it only happens when i press the break nothing else i thought it was an exhaust leak but just started noticing it only does it when i press the breaks.. took the tire off an made sure everything was tight no loose bolts seem to kinda help but its still their..

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Check the caliper pins.

I was getting a clicking sound from my driver side forever, did my breaks and noticed the caliper pin was sticking, problem solved.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iv never checked the pins before when i did my breaks.. Took them off today they look decent boots are not broken, Seals seem good the bottom pins did wiggle kinda going to clean and re grease got some crc grease from auto zone.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Yeah pull the pins all the way out and check for wear, one of mine had wear and dry. Regreased them both and put them back in, hope that helps your problem.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Good info!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I need brakes too. Looking forward to getting into the fronts so I can get the pins lubed. It's possibly the same clunky sound I've heard for a long long time.

The pads have to be like paper by now. They were thin when I inspected them months ago. I keep waiting for the squeaker to make more noise....I wonder if I bent it too far out of the way. oops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts