Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin to be getting sum 22's n I want to kno wut size tires i can get without rubbing unless I hit a major hole. Dont want to have 2 rough of a ride. I got a 2006 Colorado crew cab with the zq8 suspension. I dont plan on lowering it at all. holla at me

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
With 22s I think you are going to have a rough ride no matter what...I think the tallest tire you can go is a 35 series, maybe not even that...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ight thanks. see wut i can get goin on. hopin to take sum pics this weekend of truck n post them up here since im new to 355.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Correct I am running 255/30/22 Hankooks... I had 265/35/22 at first and the ONLY thing that stopped me from keeping them was that they rubbed on the driver side Xtreme fender flare by about 1/8" and I didn't want to cut or modify anything. So, as it sits.. the only time i rub is at full lock both ways, the tires hit the sway bar.

However, the guy I bought the wheels from had the 265/35/22 series on them with his stock zQ8... here is a pic of his with the 265/35 series...

and here is a pic of mine with the 255/30 series

I think you would be fine to run the 265/35/22 seriers if you are running stock ZQ8..

With 22s I think you are going to have a rough ride no matter what...I think the tallest tire you can go is a 35 series, maybe not even that...
Its actually not that bad of a ride. I have had worse riding in a friends truck with 18's and 45 series on them :shrug: My s10 blazer had 18's with 45 series and it was hell.. i let my mom take my truck to work one day... her quote...

That was wayy smoother then i thought it would be.. it wasn't rough at all like your blazer was.

And how did i miss this post?!? lol

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrite i guess i can go with the 265/35/22 series. now i just gotta decide on wut rims I want. 2 many choices.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am running 30 series on my 22's too, and the ride was nicer than with the stock zq8 wheels. You just have to watch the road and curbs big time!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
when i first started looking for wheels.. i had my mind set on these:

Konig Coastals... but then i saw the Boss 313's for a good damn price and bought those instead. I still want the coastals lol

·
Registered
760 Posts
Does anybody run 22's that do not rub at all? I only rub on the sway bar when i go to do a u turn or my steering wheel is turned all the way over. I have a 35 series tire, going to a 30 series will that help? Or am i still going to hit the sway bar?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Does anybody run 22's that do not rub at all? I only rub on the sway bar when i go to do a u turn or my steering wheel is turned all the way over. I have a 35 series tire, going to a 30 series will that help? Or am i still going to hit the sway bar?
i have 30 series and still hit the sway bar...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts