Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New member here. I have a 2004 Colorado Z71 LS with stock 15” wheels and 265/75/R15 tires. I’m thinking about sizing up to 16” wheels and 265/70/R16’s as a way of achieving a “meaner” looking stance.

I was hoping someone here has done the same thing and could post some pictures of what is looks like. I’m not expecting to gain too much height, but I have seen other Colorado’s with bigger wheels and tires and I like the way it looks.

I was also wondering if I size up the wheels if I will also need to crank the torsion bars at all? Anyone know if that’s necessary to do when you size up?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hey guys,

New member here. I have a 2004 Colorado Z71 LS with stock 15” wheels and 265/75/R15 tires. I’m thinking about sizing up to 16” wheels and 265/70/R16’s as a way of achieving a “meaner” looking stance.

I was hoping someone here has done the same thing and could post some pictures of what is looks like. I’m not expecting to gain too much height, but I have seen other Colorado’s with bigger wheels and tires and I like the way it looks.

I was also wondering if I size up the wheels if I will also need to crank the torsion bars at all? Anyone know if that’s necessary to do when you size up?

Thanks!
Just bought these wheels - Mayhem Rampage 18x9 and Falken Wildpeak tires on my 2004 extended cab 4x4 base for 1200.00 complete from a Local "Town Fair Tire". No fit issues, and they fill up the wheel well nicely. Ride is pretty good, road noise minimal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got 265R/60/18 on 18 x 7.5 wheels, on a stock 2007 Z71 4 x 4, no issues, plenty of room. pictures in this thread if you want to see how it looks:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
265R60x18. I do have a 3" lift though.
Ahh, I’m trying to avoid having to do a lift. I may eventually do a 2” leveling kit, but for now I think I’m just going to size up the wheels and tires. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
OEM on the '09 and newer Z71 is 265/70/17 and as far as I know there is no difference in the suspension between the '04 and the '09 and newer. The change was made to accommodate larger brakes on the '09 model. Here is my '10 completely stock, pic taken a few years ago.

This pic was take a couple of months ago, I adjusted the torsion bars to level the front with the rear after installing the new bumper/winch combo. Still the same wheels and tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts