Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm going to be making a skid plate for my truck and was wondering if anyone had the dimensions of the stock one. I do not have my truck and will not have it for most the week so If you could help me out it would be greatly apperciated.

I'm going to be making it out of 3/16 thick Aluminium.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I'll measure my bubaloo skid plate if you want.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
mines still better....cause its a bubaloo skid...too bad i havent gotten it yet :(

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is probably going to be no where near as nice as bubaloos but I can always try. I'm also going to make a pedal relocator because I do not feel like spending $200 on one.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
why??... what do you need a pedal relocator for anyways?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why??... what do you need a pedal relocator for anyways?
Because its a pain to accelerate with my left leg all the way to the right. That way the pedal will be left of the brake and a lot eaiser on longer drives

·
Registered
563 Posts
Because its a pain to accelerate with my left leg all the way to the right. That way the pedal will be left of the brake and a lot eaiser on longer drives
you drive with your left foot???:ugh:

·
Registered
563 Posts
im lost...hahaha no really?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im lost...hahaha no really?
I had my right leg amputated. I had bone cancer so they amputated it below the knee and I was able to drive with my prosthetic, about a year after that I got hit by a drunk driver and had to have it amputated above the knee so I can no longer accelerate with my right leg.

·
Registered
563 Posts
oh crap. sorry to hear that man. :(

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its not all bad. I get the good parking now. right now I'm on crutches until I come up with 42k for the leg. for some reason my insurance company will not cover it so I've bee with out one for almost nine months.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Ever thought about hand controls?

·
Registered
563 Posts
i drove a few cars with hand controls at work. i tried it and damn its hard. must take a lot of getting used to.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
its not all bad. I get the good parking now. right now I'm on crutches until I come up with 42k for the leg. for some reason my insurance company will not cover it so I've bee with out one for almost nine months.
damn 42k for a leg? holyshit try and make a leg not a skidplate!! anyways why wont your insurance cover it or what about some state aid something? :ugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts