Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put a slideing back glass in my crew cab.Are they manual or electric. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice,now I need to find one thanks.Another question.How hard is it to remove the back glass,my other trucks had the rubber seal and were a breeze to take out.I have looked and really dont see how to remove it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'm looking to do the exact opposite. Too bad you're so far away.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yeah alittle far,why don't you like the slideing glass.
Solid just looks much cleaner. And since its manual you have to climb in the back seat to open it. I haven't had it opened once since I got the truck.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Solid just looks much cleaner. And since its manual you have to climb in the back seat to open it. I haven't had it opened once since I got the truck.
Same here. Been trying to work out a deal with a couple members about swapping. I've maybe had mine open twice in almost 5 years

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
I replace my slider with solid glass soon after I got my truck. Why? There were several reasons...

I never used the slider since it's difficult to reach in open from the drivers seat.
I never cared for how the rear glass slider protruded out from the cab. The solid rear window sits nice and flush and just looks much better. Also, the one-piece glass is also a lot easier to clean and offers better visibility. I never had the issue but some have complained that the rear slider rattles over time.

Here's a couple of before and after pics.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I was able sell my factory slider and cover the cost of the solid glass. I have no regrets on the swap.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Put one in my 07 reg cab about a month ago. Got deep tint from GM 815.00. A hundred to have it installed. After a heart attack then surgery my head sweats more than normal. With the sliding back glass the air flows just right. Used to be I couldn't keep a piece of paper on the center hump, now with just the back open I can keep a lottery ticket laying anywhere.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
$815!!! :bricks:

Holy shit. What did yours set you back Rich?

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
I had Safelite Auto glass come to my work and they swapped the glass out in less than and hour. Total cost installed was around $225 but I was able to sell my slider for $100 and recoup some of the cost. There's a slight risk that they'll break the glass during removal so re-selling isn't always an option. GM gets a good buck for the factory slider, so finding someone willing to swap is the way to go.

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
I replace my slider with solid glass soon after I got my truck. Why? There were several reasons...

I never used the slider since it's difficult to reach in open from the drivers seat.
I never cared for how the rear glass slider protruded out from the cab. The solid rear window sits nice and flush and just looks much better. Also, the one-piece glass is also a lot easier to clean and offers better visibility. I never had the issue but some have complained that the rear slider rattles over time.

Here's a couple of before and after pics.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I was able sell my factory slider and cover the cost of the solid glass. I have no regrets on the swap.

My truck came with a slider?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
208 Posts
Imagine the kind of airflow in a regular cab with a sunroof and and rear slider:p

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't realize the slider wasn't flush.I may stick with the solid back glass.It looks better being flush against the cab.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jeff.d Yup my 2007 Canyon I bought new is reg. cab, sunroof and slider love it.
I had one on my old c10 and liked it, but its not a mod i would go far out of my way to do

·
Old Guy
611 Posts
I have a slider in my 04 reg cab. Open and close it more time than the door windows. With a reg cab the slider is right at hand.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found a slideing back glass at my local auto salvage yard.I may go ahead and get it,if later I don't like I will put the solid back in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts