Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, So I was heading through Ohio on my way to visit family while traveling from Fort Drum, NY to Fort Rucker, AL for school... About Cleveland, my LEFT FRONT wheel hub completely seized up and stopped working leading to a complete lock up of the front left tire. Replaced the hub and continued home. Upon reaching Fort Rucker, I lifted the front end up and checked the tires for wiggle again. The front Left didn't budge North and South, but the front RIGHT did. A good bit at that. I replaced the front right hub/bearing to see if that would alleviate the issue but there is still a little bit of wiggle in the front right.... Any thoughts from the mechanically inclined within our fold? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you just did A new wheel bearing/hub..... then its your upper or lower ball joints or could be a combination of both of them. Wobble north to south will be caused by parts including ball joints, wheel bearings, to control arm bushings. Side to side will be from tie rods.. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps, but I'm confused as to why the Left exhibits no N-S with the same correction made to it. Could the Right side just be going bad then?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Whats happening and its very normal is for the right side/ passenger side to go bad first is because the right side of the road is always more rough then the center of the road. If you think about it while you drive you may come off the road and hit bumps or pot holes very common. This happens with a lot of vehicles.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
You just had one ball joint wear out faster than the other.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well with the hub replaced already, it's looking like a ball joint...
Yea I'd say its upper but could be both or just lower. Jack it up and get someone else to shake it as you see where its moving... Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I have something loose on mine too but haven't taken an opportunity to check it out. I can wobble it from outside of the vehicle, but I can't see the components. When I'm under it I can't shake it enough to rattle.

I hope balljoint, not hub. What I can't see though is that it happened the day after my alignment. I thought it was my new shock maybe too week or loose. But then I realized it was something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts