·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im stupid.

i locked myself out.

dont have a spare key.

truck is all manual everything.

slider is laughing at the body trim prybars and the creditcard.

does a slimjim wrk on our trucks?

suggestions?

dont wanna pop the driver windo cause i dont wanna pay for new tint(or i would cause its cheaper than the locksmith).

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
lock smith is another option. probably cheaper than busting a window.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Never tried one on my truck...but it should in theory...lol.

I would get a friend to pull back on the rear of the door, then try a hanger in there...Do you have sliding rear? you can use your credit card there...its easy to get in that way...just push it against the damn lock and if you do it hard enough you will pop it out enough to open the window.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
well you pry open a crack big enough for the hanger, then you hope somehow with possibly something attached you could get it unlocked... i've done it mainly on cars with a lock that you can pull kinda... more on cars. but im sure you could push down the switch

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Sorry man, just looked and seen you have a solid rear window..and I have no idea what teh inside looks liek on a non power door lock....

Tip for the future...get a spare at wal-mart, and duct tape it somewhere on the truck. When I used to do this I hid mine on top of the tranny cm. After over a year like this, I finally ended up useing it one time...it was still there...but now I have a new trick...lol. A switch that pops the door open. Located on my truck where no one would ever be able to find it!

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Well, how about reaching all teh way across to the opposite door to pull the handle? Just trowin out mabies here man...hope you get in...

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a slider rear and have had no luck with being able to push the clasp out enough to open it.

i could use a coathanger then to get the keys out of the ignition no problem.

scared to push too hard. you cant replace just the center section of the slider, its all or nothing.

they will fuck up your paint trying to remove the slider to so i dont know what to do.

maybe take the vin to the dealer for a copy to be made?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
well the manual lock on the handle is what i have opened before... you bend the end of the hanger like a hook and pull back, it may be too flemsy for the lock just depends. you could try and pick it?

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
nah man...ok, heres what you do....

Put pressure, not a shit load but pressure on that back window..the center piece, now insert a credit card..if your window is new try a small screw driver that is bent. anyway, push it against the lock..it will push out just enough to be able to open the window!! I have done this myself at least five times...

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well the manual lock on the handle is what i have opened before... you bend the end of the hanger like a hook and pull back, it may be too flemsy for the lock just depends. you could try and pick it?
ill try the doorstops and a coathanger thing in the morning when i have a bit more light.

and the back window again.

why does this shit happen when im 6 sheets to the wind...

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
pic of the inside of the handle/lock////

Unless that door unlocks when you pull the handle open, then its a lost cause with the hanger. Anyway, just do the back window...it will work...Before on your other pics it shows a solid rear window...didnt realize you installed a slider..

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Probably unlikely, but if you haven't hit 3 years 36k you still got free road side assistance (1-800-268-6800)

I locked them in once but I was still under 36 so they sent a guy out and he used a hanger but i got power locks so thats prob no help to you....but id figure if a slim jim was easier he prob would have used that instead.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts