Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
hahahahahaha....yea, its not as simple as it seems.

i believe the key lock is holding the lock rod in place and wont let it move.

if parker did it, there has to be a way tho. ill leave it taken apart and look at how things move when i get a spare key made.

getting tired of having my face pressed up aginst the drivers door glass.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
If you look down inside the door, you will see the rod hooked up to the outside key cylinder. It needs to be pushed down to unlock the door, if it won't push down, you will have to unclip it from the cylinder and then push it down. You will probably have to use some long needle nose or something to push it down. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it did work.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
dhua....i cant believe i didnt think of that.

bout to go try after i feed the kids lunch.

youre the fucking man parker....leave it to a body man to get all the tricks....

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
usually they dont mess with vehicles that are as modifyed as mine are. too much of a pain to change to sell.

and yes, i do know thats not all they do with stolen vehicles.

but i have had my alarm on the whole time.....and the blinker is real obvious so....

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ive always wanted to have a crook at my mercy.

my cousin cought a thief in his house and took his wallet. made the fucker mow his lawn till the cops got there.

he has video. no joke.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
ohhh a blinker... is the alarm fob on the keys? :lol: What are you gonna do stand in front of it while he drives away in it? ;)

Just fuckin with ya but it'd be a lot easier then stealing it without the keys :)

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Just thinking on this, but when you pull on the handle, it moves the rod forward. So by just thinking here alone, i would try to do the same with pliers...or whatever it is I had to use. I just went out and used a card to open my window in no time, just for the hell of it...lol. Tell ya what, your only about four hours from me, you pay teh gas and I'll show ya how its done...LOL...just kidding man.

·
Its too hot in Texas!
6,472 Posts
Damn I had this happen lots of times. I called the local police. they used a plastic wedge and pryed the door open about an inch. then used a coat hanger and pulled the lock lever towards the rear. It was funny too cause it was always the same cop. finally i ended up getting a new key made and I hung it up under the truck. put a spare in your wallet.. that is something else I started doing. seriously i am horrible about locking my keys in the truck.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i did that once i cussed ranted and raved then finally said screw it for the night. next day came back out to my truck only to see that my passenger door was unlocked. lol i thought i locked it cause i usually lock it 1st and it was to dark to see in the truck lol. well needless to say i didn't tell my girl that 1. I was always on her ass about locking keys in her old explorer. i told her what you gonna do when you forget and leave ur dome light on all night come out and your key pad won't work and the car is dead lol.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
got it, but fuck what a bitch its gonna be to get that little hook back in the catch now.

its a bitch with the door apart.

guess its time to go take the door apart. what a pain. not as easy with the speaker connections i got going and the dynomat.

but i get to keep my fuckin man card.....for now at least.

and my rillos were in the truck. so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

thanks for the help yall. soon ill have a spare key out of this deal too.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Go to wal mart now and have them make one for a couple bucks...least you will be able to unlock the door.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
get this shit....the canyons key blank is made of some really strong metal that my dealer cant cut without screwing them all up, so i have to take the blank to someone else and charge it to gm. :kiki:

imo thats pretty lame.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
get this shit....the canyons key blank is made of some really strong metal that my dealer cant cut without screwing them all up, so i have to take the blank to someone else and charge it to gm. :kiki:

imo thats pretty lame.
someone doesn't wanna do any work today... thats some new shit i've never heard of.

Our keys are NOTHING special.

·
Its too hot in Texas!
6,472 Posts
Dude they are fucking with you. I had them make me two spares. They all work fine.

·
Nation Advocate
751 Posts
and where is the video of the thief mowing your bros grass?

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
he made me two keys before he gave up. no lazyness for once.

the keys he made were puddling up like welding splatter was in them. that made them too rough to go inbetween the tumblers.

they used a grinder/wire wheel to get rid of the spladder and it wore down the ridges on the key to where they wouldnt catch the tumblers.

dude was a grown ass man thats worked there for years. i took up 37min of his time going back and fourth bitchin up a fuckin storm.

if he could have, he would have pushed me out the door with a perfect key up my ass.

theres something weird about the canyon/enovoy blanks that make em hard to cut.

and if he gave me access to that vid i would be afv rich. he clutches to that old hi8 casette like it was gold. dude scared to get it transfered to dvd cause he thinks theyll ruin the tape.

·
Premium Member
18,008 Posts
:ugh: i have disagree on this one, i had one made, one cut, wire brushed and done in 5 min.........something wrong with that deal....not saying your story isn't right but dude must have been doing something wrong....does your new keys have GMC stamped in them? or are they the cheepo replacements with no logo?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts