Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
havnt gotten it made yet. i got the blank, but torx has the master key to make the copy. i should have my truck back late thurs and a tune mid sat from steve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you didn't get it yet, heres what you do (from experiance). Grab the corner of your belt molding on the drivers door, you should be able to get your fingers in there enough to get some leverage and wiggle it up. The belt molding should come right off. Just be carefull that you don't bend it near the mirror, you will have to slide it out from under the mirror. Once you get that off there is a huge gap looking down inside your door. You should be able to just use a scredriver to push the lock rod and unlock your door. If you do wreck the belt molding, its probably a lot cheaper than a new window or a locksmith. Hope you get it unlocked.
If you look down inside the door, you will see the rod hooked up to the outside key cylinder. It needs to be pushed down to unlock the door, if it won't push down, you will have to unclip it from the cylinder and then push it down. You will probably have to use some long needle nose or something to push it down. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it did work.
This saved my ass last night. Thank you. It took about 45 minutes with a long kitchen knife to unclip the rod from the outside door lock arm. Once I did that, I pushed the rod down with a long screwdriver and the door unlocked. I live on an island so no dealer/locksmith option for me without spending $$$. Now I have to open the door to re attach the rod o_O

61 - 63 of 63 Posts