Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got nailed back in February which is why I haven't been active at all. Doreen went to the great highway in the sky. I was leaving class and apparently (I say apparently based upon witnesses) two diesels were racing, it was after 9pm and they smoked out another driver who was speeding as well. I pulled out with plenty of time but when the truck jumped over to go around me, the guy tailgating him ,a 2001 buick park ave, didn't see me through the smoke and slammed into me. I was knocked out instantly. He barely had time to even touch the brakes and there was only one mark on the road bout 20' long. I blew out three tires as his car went UNDER my truck and I rolled across a lane of traffic, a median, and came to rest in the OFF-RAMP of I-10. I'm lucky I didn't get hit again and killed. Seat stripped its gear, a/c vents were knocked out, and there is a bar inside the setback that I hit my head on that gave me a bad concussion. This was the night before Valentine's and was on my way to meet my girlfriend. After an hour she came looking for me and found my truck at the gas station on a flat bed. I was in the hospital when she found me but I was out for a few hours. She really held it together so kudos to her. I don't remember anything between walking out of class and waking up 5 hours later. I had to drop classes since I couldn't concentrate due to the concussion and now my lowest disk in my back has a tear in it causing constant soreness, shooting pains, and muscle inflammation. Lawsuit is on the way as they say it wasn't their fault. (which begs the question, if it was fog would you blame the weather?) I'll miss her. She was a great truck. Wish you all the best. All you stick shift guys drop a gear for Doreen.

-Adam (SACanyon)

Attachments

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
That's a hell of a lick :eek: Glad you walked away, and hope you recover fully!

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Holy shit! You are one lucky guy. Glad you're (relatively) ok.

Looking at the damage though and your description of the event, the cab held together surprisingly well...good job GM.

·
OMG IT HAS HYDRAULICS? No
1,354 Posts
Wow glad you made it out alive. Sorry for the loss. Hope the recovery goes well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. There's no telling how fast he was going but anyone who says these trucks aren't durable is full of it. If any of you injure your back rest for a couple days or weeks depending on how bad it is and START MOVING ASAP. I was in pain and tried to rest more. Turns out that makes it worse after a while so move as much as you can. 05colorado5spd, thats a beauty you have there sir!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
@SACanyon

Any new updates on how your doing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts