Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to put this since it has more to do with everything and not necessarily just the interior. There isn't a 'general' section ??

I'm looking at the Canyons and trying to wrap my head around the options. Basically, I want an SLT fully loaded, leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, navigation, lane departure, yadda yadda yadda. My downfall.....I don't like a lot of chrome. Some chrome in the grill is OK... The grill surround/bumpers, the mirrors, the door handles - too much.

So.... The ALL Terrain has body colored surround, mirrors, etc. Same with the Nightfall.
I like the All Terrain for other reasons too (stuff I don't necessarily need). But they don't have all the other options that the SLT has. I've been on the 'build' site a gazillion times building different trucks and there are no options to add Leather (or other options) to the All Terrain or Nightfall.

I don't want to buy a truck and have the seats re-done to add leather and I don't want to install heated seats myself. I've done many modifications to my other vehicles over the years and I'd really enjoy not needing to do that kinda stuff again (I'm getting older...).

So - I guess the question is... How can I get an SLT with the lack of chrome - black or body colored mirrors, bumpers, etc. Is there a certain specific code or package to ask for?

Or - has anyone (or can you) get all the options in an SLT in an All Terrain or Nightfall? The build site certainly says...No.

Thanks for the information!

·
fortune's a mistress
939 Posts
My opinion is that if you can afford an loaded up SLT and hate chrome. Then you can simply buy an SLT and buy a body coloured grilled from the parts catalog and swap grilles.

Hell with the economy being what it is play hardball. Go to a few dealerships, pick the truck you want and request they swap grilles as part of the deal. Mirrors can always be vinyl wrapped or swapped out easily enough.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Or see if a member on one of the forums want to swap chrome for their painted parts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My opinion is that if you can afford an loaded up SLT and hate chrome. Then you can simply buy an SLT and buy a body coloured grilled from the parts catalog and swap grilles.

Hell with the economy being what it is play hardball. Go to a few dealerships, pick the truck you want and request they swap grilles as part of the deal. Mirrors can always be vinyl wrapped or swapped out easily enough.
That's a good idea about 'bargaining' for that as part of the purchase.

My husband thinks I should just wait - the chrome might grow on me. LOL

I'll get the modification bug (as always) and want to do something to it eventually anyway!! LOL

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Just think outside the box....... free mods are the best and 2 owners can win in the deal!

Your in Lancaster, PA? If that's the case you should join one of the local chapters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts