Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my truck tonight from the dealer. Very pleased, except there's a small surface tear on the drivers seat on the side. It isn't torn through yet, but I'd like to try to repair it before it does tear through. Any recommendations as to what to use? I see a lot of products on Amazon, etc, but not sure what works best.

·
CALI BOSS
6,309 Posts
Post a pic of the seat damage

There really isn't any consumer kits that will do the job correctly. Most will get you by but you won't get the color matched right so it ends up sticking out like a sore thumb. If you want the repair to last and look good, I suggest looking in your area for an interior repair company.

Here's a thread I started to show my work: http://www.355nation.net/forum/interior/19327-what-heck-does-db-do.html

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The problem with you DB is there isn't enough of you to go around.

You really let those customers convince you all those seat burns are tobacco?
Hmmm-m-mm.

Ever consider moving to maybe.... Iowa just so you'll be located more centrally and going nationwide? :D

·
CALI BOSS
6,309 Posts
Actually, there are plenty of me around out there. In my previous employment, I was a trainer in this field for an international company. So, my knowledge is out in the wild all around the globe haha

You'd also be surprised and the types of burns I used to see. most were the typical cigarette size and often times there were the larger cigar sized burns. I've also seen some burns that were the size of an entire cigarette length. It is beyond me how some of the burns occurred without them killing themselves in the process if they were driving at the time :lol:

And, no, I do not plan on moving. Unless it's somewhere along the Pacific coastline :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post a pic of the seat damage

There really isn't any consumer kits that will do the job correctly. Most will get you by but you won't get the color matched right so it ends up sticking out like a sore thumb. If you want the repair to last and look good, I suggest looking in your area for an interior repair company.

Here's a thread I started to show my work: http://www.355nation.net/forum/interior/19327-what-heck-does-db-do.html
Here's a picture. Not torn through as of yet, as you can see...

Attachments

·
CALI BOSS
6,309 Posts
Ah, ok. Yeah, that's common on seats with vinyl on the side. I see that almost everyday. You can try using the Permatex Vinyl Repair kit that you can find at most local auto parts stores. Not sure how duarable it will be though and if you'll be able to match the color sell. Otherwise, just do like I posted earlier and look for a local repair company

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, ok. Yeah, that's common on seats with vinyl on the side. I see that almost everyday. You can try using the Permatex Vinyl Repair kit that you can find at most local auto parts stores. Not sure how duarable it will be though and if you'll be able to match the color sell. Otherwise, just do like I posted earlier and look for a local repair company
Thanks! I'll check at Advance Auto...they may have some. I may try the other option if all else fails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts