Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did this todaycant decide if i like it or not put about 4 coats of clear coat but still didnt get that shiny

put them in the sauna haha

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks Bad ass....i want to do mine but i don't trust myself with paint...might go with film
yea i would probaly try that if i could do it again,,,,,haha i look at them everytime i get out cuz i think the right one might be alittle darker but i cant tell haha:doku2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
just did this todaycant decide if i like it or not put about 4 coats of clear coat but still didnt get that shiny

put them in the sauna haha

i did that to my car before a few years ago and the best way to get a shine out of it was to buff it with a liquid wax mine came out pretty good but not alot of shine that i wanted but try it see what happens

·
Registered
108 Posts
Need at least 7-8 coats of clearcoat.

Check DBNissan's writeup on cfans.

I had mine professionally cleared by a shop.

Trust me, get them shiny, you won't regret it.

Mine Before Good Clearing:

After Clearing:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did mine in the garage,3 coats niteshades,3 coats clear,havent even buffed them yet and they look just like my paint.
just like your paint as in same "shineness" haha but yea i did
4 coats of clear and it wasnt cuttin it, what kind of clear coat did you use???

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Looks good, thats about how dark i want mine to be. And of course shiny. Nice job.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
thx for all the tips i think i know how to do it much better , going to take them off again tommorow and add like 4 more coats of clear coat and make sure there is enough to cover thicker this time,,,(thx rrcn) thx for all the advice ill post the pics and well see how they turn out,,,,,,maybe polish them to , what product should i use for the liquid wax like the blue colly above said to try?? nad yea i waited 20 mins for night shade to try in sauna at 170 deg, then did 3 light coats of clear and then one heavy 4th coat

1 - 20 of 38 Posts