Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd finally put my build out here. I started out looking for a Toyota Tacoma because of their popularity and after-market parts but when I came across this I knew with some work it could be a nice little off-roader. And for $16,000 and only 40,000 miles it gave me more time and money to throw into it.

Timeline:

Started off by replacing the shackles and cranking the torsion, it gave a decent lift from stock. Can't remember where I got the shackles, it was like $80.

Replaced Wheels for some 17" x 10.5" and threw on some 265 x 70 R17 Cooper A/T (I believe, will check on that).

After talking with Larry from SuspensionMaxx he convinced me to get their keys, diff drop and ball-joint flip bracket. Rides much better now

Got Rocky-Road to make me some rock sliders for free so I won't say no to that. They look real good, I can jack up my truck from them but they start to bend quite a bit not sure how much I'd trust them.

Painted my front grill and bumper. (no pics yet)

Installed CB Antenna and ran the cable, still haven't installed the radio, not sure where I'm going to put it, I think I'm going to make a center console to put a lot of stuff in it. Will be working on that fairly soon, should be real easy to build. I want to take out my cup holders and put in a longer one that has my CB radio built in, the face plate for my radio and also my sub woofer control.

Recently just made myself a sub woofer box to replace the the cup holders/jack holder in the back. Don't have pics of it installed my truck as my truck is in the shop getting the CV axles replace once it is back I'll take some to show how it looks in the truck.

Future/Current Projects:
-Center Console
-1.5" body lift
-Nexus 7 dash install
-Bumper Install

Before:

After TB & Shackle Lift, Wheels and Tires

With Rock Sliders

Subwoofer Box

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels look great on your truck!
Thanks man, I was thinking about going 18s but the 17s look good too! I hope to get your efan and ptb in there soon enough.

I've never seen the stock pics before. That thing was silly, now it great!
Yeah, I was thinking the same about yours! I can't wait till we get my body lift on there, it should have come today, but meh we can't do it this week, I just realized we won't be able to do my lift next week either with us going to flaming gorge over the weekend and what not... we just need to get it done before Moab.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks man, I was thinking about going 18s but the 17s look good too! I hope to get your efan and ptb in there soon enough.

Yeah, I was thinking the same about yours! I can't wait till we get my body lift on there, it should have come today, but meh we can't do it this week, I just realized we won't be able to do my lift next week either with us going to flaming gorge over the weekend and what not... we just need to get it done before Moab.
We can do it the saturday after Flaming Gorge. Dont know how long it will take, the front will be the beast, but the back should go pretty quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts