Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 Colorado.

I went to the store at lunch, and got back to work. I parked the truck and left it running with the a/c kickin. Then, the tac takes off and the engine is revving itself. I turn the truck off, and after work take it back to the GM shop where I bought it. They told me there was a bulliten out for my specific model and year, so they "re programed something" and cleaned out my throttle body. Sent me on my way.

It appeared to be driving just fine. Better than ever actualy. Came home, took a nap. Woke up, drove to town, and on the way back, I notice the security light was lit up on the cluster.

I turned the truck off in the driveway, and tried to restart. Wont start, lights are on, and so is every instrument panel light.

So, I am pissed, and have to wait til monday afternoon, just to get them to tow it and fix it right!! Anyone know what could be up?

Relay? Sensor?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry, I'm no help with the problem but I'd guess it's a software bug. But I am curious since I own an 04 as well, what specific model do you have?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Sounds like something somehow tripped the security system on the truck.

Do our trucks have a lock-out/theft lock?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like something somehow tripped the security system on the truck.

Do our trucks have a lock-out/theft lock?
I agree it sounds like some part of the computer wasn't happy with you. I know my mothers 04 Malibu had the problem with the computer flashing the lights, digital ac controls going way and opening the trunk. It ended up being moisture in the computer. Dealer replaced it and hasn't done it since

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey just thought I'd share this cause its somewhat similar...I gased it real hard a while ago and the same thing, the engine started reving like crazy but I was in drive so my car was flying ahead, I put it in neutral and pulled the gas pedal out of the floor. It hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
our trucks do have a security lock out. when I changed my PCM I had to do the sequence thing.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
see i had similar problems with mine a while back with the security lock out shit come to find out that my key switch was causing the problem.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
oh and my truck is also an 04.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts