Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No CARB "California SMOG Certified" Shorties available for V8?
Not that I know of. Do the V8s have cats in their manifolds as well? if so then I highly doubt anyone makes CARB legal headers for it.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Doug Thorley's are not CARB legal. They require the removal or relocation of the primary cats. The header flange ends at about 3/4 of the way down the primary so they cant stay where they are factory. I have a set of 49 state converters on my truck (second set), but I haven't been to smog yet so I don't know if they are going to say anything. My truck is illegal in many ways, Cats, headers, intake, increased boost, etc.

And if Doug Thorley is still reading our forum!! Thank you!! I will let you have my truck again anytime for prototyping!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
has anyone ran jtr headers? my cat literally broke in half. so I just ordered a jtr shorty for my 2005 I4.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
has anyone ran jtr headers? my cat literally broke in half. so I just ordered a jtr shorty for my 2005 I4.
Yes people have run JTR headers and been happy with them. It would be best to get the coated version but if you didn't I would highly recommend getting it coated because the mild steel will rust and corrode otherwise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The magnaflow's are manifolds not a header, but it has a high flow cat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The magnaflow's are manifolds not a header, but it has a high flow cat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Honestly you are just splitting hairs. It has aspects of both aftermarket header and stock manifold. Either way it is still another option.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have a header from Al's headers. For the price you cant beat it. I love it. I've had it since 2010 and it looked brand new until it met mud at the usasm in Kansas. Now its stained. It took me ordering it twice to get it but oh well. I called in the spring and I donno what happened. I called back in like august and reordered it and it showed up 2 months later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any performance benefit with the magnaflow part on the 3.5L i5? I live in CA which technically it isn't legal for, but since it has a cat i doubt the guy doing the smog inspection would give it a second look. Magnaflow's site makes it sound like its just a replacement part, not a performance part. Not sure its worth the cost and effort if there isn't a performance boost.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Any performance benefit with the magnaflow part on the 3.5L i5? I live in CA which technically it isn't legal for, but since it has a cat i doubt the guy doing the smog inspection would give it a second look. Magnaflow's site makes it sound like its just a replacement part, not a performance part. Not sure its worth the cost and effort if there isn't a performance boost.
I don't know if there is any benefit really. If there is, I'd imagine it isn't much.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Hey, u forgot about Jakey Headers. I just purchased a used set with K&N CAI for $200. Great deal! They're normally $1000.00 for stainless but supposed to dyno 15 HP alone for the 3.5 and 3.7

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I thought Jakey stopped making them. If you can get me a link for somewhere to purchase them I will gladly add them to the list.

I was unsuccessful in finding anything myself

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)

·
Registered
2 Posts
All..I have an I-5 2008 with 2-O2 sensors and have already removed the secondary cat. I would like to install a JTR header and full dual exhaust. I'm located outside of the US and do not have a emission concern. My only concern is once the O2 sensor triggers the CEL will the ECU adjust the fuel or timing like it does in some cars. Also I do not have access to a programmer so what is your recommended next best way to prevent the CEL?...Thanks

21 - 40 of 77 Posts