Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
The front o2 sensor takes care of fuel trim and that one goes in the header, so you'll have no problem with fuel or timing. The rear sensor checks cat function, so unless you instal a cat and move the rear sensor behind it, you will always have a code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The front o2 sensor takes care of fuel trim and that one goes in the header, so you'll have no problem with fuel or timing. The rear sensor checks cat function, so unless you instal a cat and move the rear sensor behind it, you will always have a code.
THanks...I can live with the CEL

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The other option to remove the CEL would be to use the spark plug non fouler mod to move the second o2 sensor out of the air stream. Bahama, look at the how to section for the thread on it.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
you could try this setup

Attachments

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Not that I know of. Do they even make headers at all? I've only heard of them for mufflers and piping.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got another muffler from CherryBomb, bought the vortex single in-dual out ....be awesome if u could get the headers to

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Does anyone manufacture a header specifically for the 3.7L I5 engine with a flange that will mate up to the weird shaped exhaust ports?

Attachments

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Does anyone manufacture a header specifically for the 3.7L I5 engine with a flange that will mate up to the weird shaped exhaust ports?
I believe all of the headers are made with both engines in mind, specifically the ports/primaries are large enough/designed for the 3.7 and consequently also fit the 3.5. I can't imagine there being any appreciable difference between one that is designed how you want and what is currently available. You would get more benefit from the length/size/tuning of the primaries than you would from more closely matching the port.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd like to get my 5.3 sounding like a V8 & get some added power. I live in a rural county in Texas. We don't have any emission testing, like Bahama. It probably won't be like that forever, so I really want to take advantage while I can. I want to dump everything that isn't absolutely vital, & let that big SOB breath. What would be the balls to the walls - no emission laws setup for a 5.3 4x4?

·
Super Moderator
1,869 Posts
I believe OTTP were the ones designed for the 4WD and Doug Thorley was designed on 2WD 5.3l. That coupled with cat less cats would be just about as free flowing as you can get. Be prepared to see a CEL since you have to deal with the front O2 sensors and cats. Tune it and turn it off from what I know.

i can't wait for warranty to fall off so i too can breath some life into this neutered turtle.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
You could always run a cutout after the headers before cats if you want loud and best flow. Then you can have quiet and eco friendly or loud and beastly at the flip of a switch. long tube equal length header is your best bet.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
You could always run a cutout after the headers before cats if you want loud and best flow. Then you can have quiet and eco friendly or loud and beastly at the flip of a switch. long tube equal length header is your best bet.

I actually just tried that, got the old school jegs cable driven one. I hated it. Took it off that same day. Do you know where to get a good one that doesn't rattle like a mofo or melt in 50. Miles??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I actually just tried that, got the old school jegs cable driven one. I hated it. Took it off that same day. Do you know where to get a good one that doesn't rattle like a mofo or melt in 50. Miles??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hey sorry I never saw your reply. The electric cutout I have is by DMH. It was on my buddy's Dakota for about 3-4 years and has been on my truck for about 6 months now and no problems. Still seals up nicely and doesn't rattle much if at all.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Anyone try the Walker 16481 stainless? Looks like around 390$shipped. Any replies would be helpful. Trying to stay as close to stock size. Didn't want to do whole exhaust system.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Anyone try the Walker 16481 stainless? Looks like around 390$shipped. Any replies would be helpful. Trying to stay as close to stock size. Didn't want to do whole exhaust system.
This is the first I've seen the walker version but it looks identical to the magnaflow OEM repair replacement type part, probably not performance benefit.

However, I am quite sure most if not all of the shorty type headers for our truck will bolt up to stock exhaust. There should be no need to do a whole new exhaust system with a shorty header swap.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Wwalker 16481 is a stock cast iron. NOT tubular stainless. :angry::angry::angry: Anybody try Pacesetter???? They say direct fit no mods. Just wondering. Im a 3rd shifter in Pa.and everyone is in Cali. Phone calls are a drag.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Wwalker 16481 is a stock cast iron. NOT tubular stainless. :angry::angry::angry: Anybody try Pacesetter???? They say direct fit no mods. Just wondering. Im a 3rd shifter in Pa.and everyone is in Cali. Phone calls are a drag.
This doesn't look cast iron to me...it looks like mild steel:

Walker® 16481 - Ultra? Front Exhaust Manifold with Integrated Catalytic Converter

and the pacesetter looks identical except for being painted/coated:

http://pacesetterexhaust.com/images/products/detail/754106.jpg

41 - 60 of 71 Posts