Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I would havebeen ok with that but was heavy cast iron. Returning to rockauto. Just going to get OBX. Just need $$ to be credited back. It is the holidays. Thanks.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I would havebeen ok with that but was heavy cast iron. Returning to rockauto. Just going to get OBX. Just need $$ to be credited back. It is the holidays. Thanks.
ah i see, interesting.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Updated some prices/products and replaced some images.

·
Don't like Crowds!
490 Posts
I just got a KPE in the mail today. I paid $679 on ebay. I think I am going to add a Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow muffler and K&N CAI. Then I will add the Supermod Ported Throttle Body and then I plan to do a Supermod remote tune.
My '09 3.7L is totally stock at the moment. Will these mods get a spark lit under my trucks azz?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Those mods and a :supermod: tune

Yup, burn outs for days!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not exactly headers but better than stock manifold, so far. I got a direct fit Miller CAT exhaust manifold. My stock manifold cracked pretty bad. It's the only aftermarket manifold LEGAL in Cali. Will pass smog as it has those numbers and stuff engraved on the cat. It's on the air resources board website. Cost me about $550, I know....I wanted to get headers for cheaper than that but my sensibility kicked in. Dammit. I can get them later on anyway and switch back to legal when I need to smog or something. Only noticeable change is a smoother acceleration, but that could of been from me being used to the cracked exhaust. Hope this helps someone in Cali pass their stupid smog. I had to do my own research on this so I don't have all the answers but it's working and even looks better than oem. I've only had it for about a week now so not sure about it's longevity.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not sure if this is typical of OBX or not, but there is currently no 3.5/3.7 header available anywhere on eBay or Amazon. They've been gone for about a month and according to the site vendors they're not sure when they'll be available again. Anyone know if they do this every now and then or if they stopped producing them?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Not sure if this is typical of OBX or not, but there is currently no 3.5/3.7 header available anywhere on eBay or Amazon. They've been gone for about a month and according to the site vendors they're not sure when they'll be available again. Anyone know if they do this every now and then or if they stopped producing them?
Haven't heard of that in the past so it is possible they stopped making them.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
I've had my OBX header on the truck for about 2 years now and I have no problems with passing emissions here in Maryland

·
Registered
133 Posts
Haven't heard of that in the past so it is possible they stopped making them.
Hard to tell with OBX's lousy customer service. No real telephone number or email to get answers from, and they haven't replied in over a month to the question I sent through their website.

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
Sonofabitch. Of course the most economical header (obx) can't be purchased anymore when my sick manifold cracks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have a new unused magnaflow 4 cyl header with cat. bought it for my 2.8 LS when i seen they had cracking issues, mine never did but a tree bit my truck + it was totaled so my new header will go to the first $250 plus shipping from Pa

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
i have a new unused magnaflow 4 cyl header with cat. bought it for my 2.8 LS when i seen they had cracking issues, mine never did but a tree bit my truck + it was totaled so my new header will go to the first $250 plus shipping from Pa
You'll probably have better luck with a post in the for sale section.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Im about 10 years late in the game but who still sells Headers for the I5? Looking for one. Can be new or used.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
@atxjax ottp, kpe, orion, and JTR all still make headers I'm pretty sure.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
@atxjax keep an eye on the for sale section here and if you are on fb, check out the 355nation swap n shop group.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts