Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'd personally (and many others here) recommend the Borla PRO XS. Very similar sound to the 44, but with little to no drone, and it's also a straight through (thus better flowing) muffler. Can be had on Amazon for a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You mean the drone master right?

I'd personally (and many others here) recommend the Borla PRO XS. Very similar sound to the 44, but with little to no drone, and it's also a straight through (thus better flowing) muffler. Can be had on Amazon for a good deal.

Thank you Purefection! I was not even thinking Borla, but for about $90, sounds pretty good to me!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
May be dumb question, magnaflow or pa esetter cat/convert pipe for down stream? Have OBX header figure mine as well finish everything off and make all new.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
May be dumb question, magnaflow or pa esetter cat/convert pipe for down stream? Have OBX header figure mine as well finish everything off and make all new.
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking? If you are talking about replacing the stock catalytic converter...there is no real benefit to doing so unless yours is breaking up and clogging.

Got another vid straight piped lol

http://youtu.be/8LvivYlYXEQ

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Added

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking? If you are talking about replacing the stock catalytic converter...there is no real benefit to doing so unless yours is breaking up and clogging.

If he has a 4x4 then the factory mid pipe is crushed in two spots for clearance. The magnaflow atleast is a full 2.5" all the way. I'm not sure of the pacesetter.

EDIT:: Here's the Pacesetter. Photo looks generic but, the description makes it sound about like the magnaflow.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
If he has a 4x4 then the factory mid pipe is crushed in two spots for clearance. The magnaflow atleast is a full 2.5" all the way. I'm not sure of the pacesetter.

EDIT:: Here's the Pacesetter. Photo looks generic but, the description makes it sound about like the magnaflow.
I know about the mid pipe but I read it as talking about the cat itself. Either way, hopefully his question should be answered now. thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
2004 ZQ8 3.5L 5 speed

Volant, Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow duals, no cats removed.

Volant, JTR header and 3" Borla XR1 oval case sportsman, single pipe.

2009 V8 Z71

Volant, 3" Borla Pro-XS, no cats removed.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts