101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
It only gets stickied when the mods and admin think it is of great importance

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
this might be a dumb question but will a cowl hood decrease my engine temps?

·
Registered
607 Posts
The thought is that the cowl allows more air flow through the engine bay, and the air has an easier passage over the top of the engine and through the cowl. This extra air flow is what causes the lower engine temps :)

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
The thought is that the cowl allows more air flow through the engine bay, and the air has an easier passage over the top of the engine and through the cowl. This extra air flow is what causes the lower engine temps :)
:salute:good lookin out bro :thumbup: thats what i thought but everyone at the dealer i work at says im full of shit when i say that a cowl hood will help lower my engine temps...

im trying to firgure out where the hell i can buy the Reflexxion Cowl hood from and i cant seem to locate someone that offers that company :th_crazy:

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Victory Red has it and I believe Ed from Texas has it as well, no one here has the Carbon one that i know of.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
GM started adding hood insulators in 2009 for the V8 trucks.

HOOD | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

Item Number: 010
Part Number: 25863980
Description: INSULATOR. Hood Panel
INSULATOR,HOOD. Required: 01
For: ST156(43-53) 5.3 (LH9) (2010-2011) (2010 - 2011).
For: ST156(43-53) 5.3-L(LH8) (2008-2009) (2008 - 2009).
Cost: $62.50

The factory hood insulator fits the steel cowl hoods perfectly.

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
anyone have any experience with the duraflex ram air style hood? Been looking into getting an aftermarket hood and found this one on sale for $250 shipped.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good luck selling a stock hood. I couldn't give mine away, I even offered to deliver it anywhere in the Portland area. Just threw it in the scrap metal bin Friday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a very timely thread for me. Now if I can only get my wife to make sure that the hood is securely latched and not just resting on the latch.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts