·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Well what are you thinking?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
no bags...not for a few years anyways. I made a guy on gmfullsize an offer for his coilovers but he wasnt sure if he was going to sell them. If he doesnt im probably going with a set of struts to save some money that can work with my stock coils to raise me up another couple inches. I NEED to get a spray in bedliner. My rear bumper needs to be replaced. I know they are built out of like 500 pieces so i might be able to just order a couple parts and save some money or if i can find one in good condition at a junk yard. I want to smoke the tails and color match the plastics on the rear bumper and either match the tailgate cap/get an HD cap and colormatch it, or shave the tailgate completely. The paint for the bumper pad/tailgate cap will be done by me because i step on the bumper a lot and dont want to pay a lot of money if it will get messed up. Its easy for me to do it again if i ruin it, or if it holds up then i can have it done later professionally if i want. For those of you who have seen the damage from the pole that ran into my truck there is a small bend in the corner of the tailgate that is kind of motivating me to get it completely shaved. Anyone know a body guy in the slidell area? im willing to take it anywhere between gulfport and baton rouge if the price is good enough. I also am considering getting a new set of gears installed and ditching the superchips for a tune from blackbear performance. depending on the condition of my tires a new set of mud terrains(not sure if 33s or 35s). not everything will get done right away. Just some things I am considering and if anyone else has any ideas. I am only looking to spend between $1500-2000 max when i get back, after that some stuff will have to wait. what do you guys think? anyone have any other ideas? im open to all suggestions

oh, and im probably going to pull the towing mirrors off and put my stock ones back on. which do you all think look better?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Well Victoryredzq8 is tinting taillights for a reasonable price!

Yeah go back to the stock mirrors....free

Fix the bumper and shave the gate! Get it looking clean! See if a shop will cut you a deal on the paint work where they will have it mixed up for the tailgate!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cody- the towing mirrors give me a lot more visibility which is needed when backing up this big bitch. i like the look of them as well on most lifted trucks but i think mine looks better with the stocks. but its functionality vs looks on this one.

Jeremy- for tinting the tails i only have one set so i cant really afford to send them out. buying a new set and paying for shipping 3 times would cost me a good bit of money.

Will- did he do yours? when he painted that stuff for me it came out really good. how much do you think he would charge? i know mine has a lot of small holes at the top of the gate under that cap so it would be more work than the colorados

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yea shaved my tailgate and did all my paint work. He pretty much just charges for labor and it's not high at all

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can paypal either person. I would have to call him and make sure it will fit my truck because sierra bumpers are slightly different and will not fit, as well as see pics to verify the condition that it is in. but ill give him a call tomorrow if you wouldnt mind holding onto it for me.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Well if you want the tails tinted, cheap and a quality product hit up the Lamin-X website.

You can apply it yourself and if you ever need to remove it, its super easy!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ill give the dude a call in a little while and see if i can get some pics. Cody, do you mind if I paypal you the money for it? I only ask because if you go to pick it up and he tries to say he didnt get the money or you look at it and it looks messed up. then he already has my money, and i have no bumper

Edit: so i called the dude. he said he is going to email me some pictures within the next day or 2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts