Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just traded an 05 cobalt for an 04 Colorado ext cab, 3.5 auto white tuck. One ding on driver side of the bed, another at the bottom of the passenger. has flowmaster 40 single in dual out with cool looking shitty sounding tips, small tires on the stock wheels, 1-3 blower problem, aand I think I'm done bashing on my truck. I'm currently shopping online for everything I need & want. I was hoping some ideas could be thrown around on "best bang for your buck".

I'm not not sure whether to cap one outlet on my flowmaster, or to just replace muffler for a dynomax super turbo, or maybe add a regulator to my flow(I think its called). trying to get rid of the droooone.

not sure whether to fuck it and lower 3/4 so I can scrape, maybe a smaller drop? or to just put some 18s with a nice sized slab of tire? whats the best biggest wheel/tire and lowered combo?? either way I need to replace shocks I hear it with minor sounds AND I HATE IT, and great brands for our trucks?

any cold air brands better than others? anything other than intake and headers I should do to my engine?

should I run just one 12" sub? 2 12s? 2 10s? should I make some 8" subs fit in my rear ext. cab doors? already bought a good kenwood deck off crutchfied, gonna replace all speakers, but might wait till I can affor full competition speakers. I'm going to use 2 car seats in the back so I'm trying to not have shoes folded up every time I want to hear music.

going to plasti dip black until I can pay for a really nice blue paint job

I'm upgrading the lights, should I go bright blue or white?

eventually ill get a tune, should I pay a shop to do it?

and my horn is weak af. any special horn I should get?

I'm new to the site, I ve been doing my hm but ive yet to find decision changing factors for my situation, I might just find the answers after surfing this site some more, thanks for reading, I'm just trying to build a nice cali steet truck that I can shit work with but be the maddest mf at the intersection

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
:welcome2:

·
Luv them hoochies
3,604 Posts
Welcome to the nation and new addiction
As far as engine stuff u can get a ptb an e-fan and a tune and lighting from @Supermodulation and if u want cool headlights get with @un4giv3n he also does reflectors and some other stuff
I have a 4/6 drop with 245/35/20 tires just need to notch the rear frame

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
:welcome2:

The 3.5 sounds nice with a Magnaflow (single in/Single out)

DDM tuning HID kit for the headlights in a 4500K is a nice white usable light and its under $50

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts

·
DK Moulds
2,011 Posts

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
:welcome2: I had 2 10 inch sub box in my ext cab you do have to remove the cup holder but it will fit no problem, and it really depends on how big the box is. Good luck with ur new rig

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My truck didn't fire up on me yesterday, bought a fuel filter, replaced it.. dumped 91 octane and a fuel additive ... my MAJOR problem with this truck is the power steering whine, i didnt flush the system because the fluid is still good, it was just a little low.. now it's louder than my engine, any tips? Or any other pest-like problems I should look out for?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.