1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Painted my mirrors

Some progress pics of the mirrors:

[EDIT 2]: All done! :cool:

[EDIT]: A few pics of them mocked up -- no clear yet. Click to enlarge.

Click to Enlarge...

I've got them all painted now. I'll be doing some more sanding and laying down the clear tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks.

If you tilt the mirror to the top (so it faces the sky) and then to the inside -- towards the door, there's a small groove where you place a flathead screwdriver and gently pry up. The glass will pop out very easily. It barely takes any force.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
I might go ahead and do my mirrors next, I didnt know the glass came out that easy. SWEEEETRUCK:tayo: :tayo: :tayo: :tayo:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Dude...those look really good! I painted my bowtie today after I washed my truck and am inspired by your work. My mirrors and door handles will be red pretty soon, I can feel it... :D

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
did you sand the texture off or leave it on? that paint is awesome huh?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The paint is great. If it wasn't for the mirrors being plastic, the paint would be spot on -- being plastic, they take slightly differently to the paint. But anyone who doesn't know that I painted them would never be able to tell you they didn't come that way. :D

I initially sanded quite a bit of the texture then used the primer to fill in the rest. It's not 100% gone, but it's pretty good. If I remember, I'll try to get some super detailed pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
very nice

1 - 20 of 24 Posts