Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking, what can I do to get more HP and TQ w/ out spending thousands on turbo or supercharger set-ups? I got a 06 I5 auto w/ 3.73's. I already have a magnaflow muffler and a KN FIPK and this is the list of mods I think can help me reach my goal of +/-300HP and +/-300TQ.

1.Still need to gut pre-cat!
2.Poweraid TBS
3.upgrade rear end to 4.10's
4.100 shot of squeeze
5.VMP Tune
http://forum.355nation.net/showthread.php?t=2099

VMP Tune yeild 217HP on a 5spd naturally aspirated. With the same VMP Tune Im guessing my auto w/ a gutted pre-cat, the Magna, the KN, 4.10 for gearing and TBS I could yeild +/-200HP naturally. Then spray a 100 shot. I should be where I want to be in the high 200's low 300's HP/TQ.

What do you think? Is it logical? Would it be worth it?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Then be prepared to spend the $$$ ;) It's tough making a pickup with little to no aftermarket performance support fast and reliable.
well said.. we have no support at all from performance companies..

good luck man

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
it sounds like your wanting a truck to race so my advice is this: V8

by the time your done with all those mods i bet you wouldnt be too far away from a motor swap. im guessing the swap would obv be prob 1-2k more than those mods but you would see big results and still have a reliable truck. just my thoughts tho.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it sounds like your wanting a truck to race so my advice is this: V8

by the time your done with all those mods i bet you wouldnt be too far away from a motor swap. im guessing the swap would obv be prob 1-2k more than those mods but you would see big results and still have a reliable truck. just my thoughts tho.
Yea you do have a point. I just want to build what I have. Everything I'm going to get to upgrade my truck is either factory from GM like the 4.10 ring/pinion or universal like the nitrious kit and the tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts