Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry all I know this has been beaten to death. I’ve been on forums for 20 years and have even been a moderator on some so I’ve done my due diligence in searching the forum, YouTube, and google with no luck. So here goes I’m at my end...
I be replaced my resistor twice already in the past year or so and it’s acting up again so I went on GM parts one and ordered everything new...well the blower, the resistor, and complete harness. It all went smoothly until putting the new blower housing in. It’s a little different design in looks than the other two I’ve had, but the part number on the shipping form seems to be the right one Product ID says 89019178. It fit up into plenum with a little finagling and fiddling but I can’t get screws started to save my neck! I’m not a young man anymore so it’s difficult for to get my arms and head under, see, hold it,AND start the screws but it looks look I’m right on according to everything I’ve searched...the screw will not start no matter what I do. What am I missing? Did I miss a step? Thanks! (Exasperated sigh)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Did you compare the new part to the old part ? The one thing I see other than having a wrong part , which I doubt , is there are multiple mounting holes in the part . I can only guess that you are putting the bolt through the wrong hole in the blower flange . That would explain why you can't get the bolt started .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I ended up getting it. Sorry to bother y’all. I should know after 40 years of wrenching on stuff that sometimes you just walk away for awhile and look at it with fresh eyes. It finally just fell into place. Shrug.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it is indeed correct part.. test fit screws without motor.
then put a stud in the back location. Oversizeholes too.
theses options might help. Good luck 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts