Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so far ive dynamatted the entire rear cab wall minus the columns and also have done my doors. my back window rattles to a point of really annoying me and i dont think that area of dynamat i didnt do would cure this all on its own. does anyone have an idea?

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
weld in something to stiffin it maybe? I dunno, dynamat might help more than you think.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Maybe less bass?

Just kidding man. I have seen people runnning around with the same issue, but I don't quite know the fix.. I will see if I can find it.

Edit: Sounds like a couple guys figured out that it was more than just the window; it was the whole back wall. If you didn't dynomatt the rear wall, I would highly suggest doing it. I attempted to find the exact answer, but couldn't find anything. Sorry man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
dynomat isn't an anti-vibration tool...it's a sound deadener; what that means, is it will sound proof the cabin of your truck, reflecting exterior noises back outside.

The only way to truly stop a rattle is to either find it and tighten whatever is vibrating, or, filling the entire space with blue foam...that stuff rocks.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It sorta helps with anti-vibration because it adds weight which does help to dampen the vibration. But it's a very poor one.

*edit* I had to put three layers of Dynomat on the trunk of my Saturn + two layers on the license plate to get the piece of crap to stop rattling.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I do. :D

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
... :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the responses guys.

gerry...i dont have the slider.

and ive dynamatted the entire rear wall minus the top and sides around the window. i was thinking about doing that expanding foam. i did it on my last vehicle. when i can find some cheap dynamat i'll finish up what i missed along with doing the expanding foam.

actually on the hatch of my cherokee i did 2 layers of dynamat, expanding foam, and some old t-shirts and towels(which helped the most haha) and still the light over the license plate rattled out. that system slammmmed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts